Ultra Violet Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't you buy a 2003 Retrorocket a couple months back? Did you find time getting it "Edge approved" w/ the color?

I did buy a 2003 Retro Rocket Elite. Mine is now Edge-Approved black. But it didn't start that way.

BEFORE:
BvIm9BWkKGrHqVhkEv10GBZBMDSNBlVN_3.jpg

AFTER:
017-1.jpg

They didn't make the 2003 Retro Rocket Elite in black. The Edge's is all stock EXCEPT the black finish. So I found a blueburst 2003 and sent it off to a guy in San Diego that we use for re-finishing.

So now, I have probably one of the few that are a match to Edge's WOWY Fernandes Retro Rocket Elite. My friend Helena in NY is the only other person I know with a match to the WOWY Retro Rocket Elite.

Some of the specs on the Retro Rocket Elite was changed some in 2006, if memory serves.

The 2003's have bolt on necks, black pickups and grey marble pickguards. Post-2006-ish, Retro Rocket Elite have set-neck through neck, white pickups and white pearloid pickguards.

Edge's "UltraViolet" Retro Rocket isn't an Elite. It looks to be a heavily customized Retro Rocket Pro.

The Edge's having the bolt on neck. Retro Rocket Pro has a bolt on neck. The Elites no longer have bolt on. Edge's has the Hot Rail pickups like the Elite, leading me to believe Edge had a Pro upgraded with the Hot Rails. Edge's also has the synchronized Tremolo which is stock on the Pro. The Elite has the Wilkinson tremolo. This also leads me to believe that his "UV" Retro Rocket is a heavily customized Retro Rocket Pro.

That's a gorgeous guitar you have E_O! Awesome. Looks much better w/ the new finish.

Didn't know that about Edge's, I always thought he had an Elite, which are pretty pricey. The Pro's are somewhat affordable, but with the mods he did it ends up being the same price range I believe.

That's a gorgeous guitar you have E_O! Awesome. Looks much better w/ the new finish.

Didn't know that about Edge's, I always thought he had an Elite, which are pretty pricey. The Pro's are somewhat affordable, but with the mods he did it ends up being the same price range I believe.

I don't think price was an issue for The Edge.

I think that he preferred the bold on neck, like his original Elite. Fernendes began making the Elite with set neck around 2006. It is more likely that Dallas said these are the features we want (including bolt on neck), and Fernandes custom built it to suit.

Mine is a 2003 Retro Rocket Elite. Same make, model, vintage (and now) finish as Edge's WOWY Retro Rocket

I don't think price was an issue for The Edge.

I know, that wasn't what I was tryin' to say. ;) I think someone who buys up +20 WH-1's to have some spare back-ups has no money issues.

I think that he preferred the bold on neck, like his original Elite. Fernendes began making the Elite with set neck around 2006. It is more likely that Dallas said these are the features we want (including bolt on neck), and Fernandes custom built it to suit.

That's very interesting, thanks!

Had anyone figured out the delay times for UV? Sounds like there's two in the Dallas soundchecks that are floating about on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom