U2's Only Official Dopplegangers, the One & Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoppleganger

Babyface
I'm going to say this pure and simply for the other members posting ill informed and quite frankly wrong and in some cases very jealous type opinions proving that people don't actually read or understand whats been written on the page in front of them!

I will now just state several facts which true U2 fans would or should already know about U2's Only Official Doppleganger Band.

*PLEASE READ THESE FACTS CAREFULLY!

1. The Dopplegangers were formed by U2 Themselves in 1992 to appear along side the real U2 for the Video "Even Better Than the real thing" (which won an MTV music video award!) Whilst filming at Pinewood Film studios Bono himself named the band "The Dopplegangers"

2. The Dopplegangers appeared for a second time with U2 on the ZooTV / Channel 4 global broadcast, where The Dopplegangers performed "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" as "U2" whilst the real U2 sat in the audience watching, Bono interviewed during the show commented on how proud he and U2 were "too have such a great group of Dopplegangers to take their place"

3. Paul McGuiness gave The Dopplegangers his and U2's personal permission to carry on and take U2's Dopplegangers out on the road to perform "live" concerts! as the members of the Dopplegangers were NOT actors or extras but actual Musicians! Yes folks the Dopplegangers were actually a real living breathing band! who could actually play! the guys were very talented musicians! they worked extremely hard playing live concerts all over the United Kingdom, Europe and the middle east (even with U2 official visits from Peter "Willie" Williams and others from time to time!) The Dopplegangers were even the first tribute band ever to be signed by a major high street fashion chain store to play a massive university tour of the UK.

4. U2's own "Propaganda" Magazine did a three page article naming "The Dopplegangers" which stating in headlines quite clearly "The Dopplegangers U2's OFFICIAL TRIBUTE BAND!

5. U2 would often request The Dopplegangers to appear in place of them if they were to busy, or ill etc, as this happened a few times when The Dopplegangers appeared on Channel 4's Naked City TV show. plus again when The Dopplegangers where guests of honour at the launch of the U2's "live" in Sidney Zoo TV video in London's Piccadilly at a massive showbiz party.

6. MTV regarded The Dopplegangers as U2's only official tribute band! as they featured them on one of their most popular shows The Dopplegangers featured live on MTV's Most Wanted getting interviewed and performed "Angel of Harlem"

So there you go cold hard facts! if you still disagree then I suggest contacting Principle Management and ask them! for example U2's own "Propaganda" magazine doesn't lie! I'm not going to say anything bad about all the U2 tribute bands, ie the good ones and terrible ones that followed after The Dopplegangers as they are all in their own way carrying the torch from us from what we first started back in 1992! but I will point out that none of the other U2 bands since The Dopplegangers have ever achieved any of the things The Dopplegangers did with U2, plus none can call themselves Official we can!

These are the reasons as stated above why The Official Dopplegangers band should have been included in the official U2 by U2 book!

Paul
one of "The Dopplegangers" ex managers

Last edited:
I thought the book was about U2, not U2 tribute bands.

You seriously need to check out our rules, as one of those rules is that no spin-off threads (a thread about a topic that was closed) are allowed.

Needless to say, this is being closed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom