U2 Tribute Bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
I wasnt sure where to post this, but what do you all think of them? Have you seen any before were they good or pathetic?

I'm seeing on tonight In Kent where I live called U2 POP...They were formed in the midlands....

anyone know about them?...

I haven't heard of them, please let us know how they were.

I've seen Exit and Elevation (Canada) at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland. Both were good in their own respective ways. Elevation Canada put on a great performance, they opened up with "Pop Musik" playing as they walked through the crowd like U2 did for POPMART.

The best tribute band I've seen so far is definately Elevation (USA). Here's a link to their website.

Elevation USA

They sound exactly like U2. It's eerie sometimes how perfect they have that sound down. Especially Gredge, the guitarist. On top of all of that, they really are a bunch of nice guys.

Here's a picture I took of them last weekend.

3379875523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3237%3E952%3E6%3A8%3Ewsnrcg%3D323249%3C2%3C%3A78%3Bnu0mrj

:wave:

~J

Elevation Flight Crew

OMG Seriously they were fucking BRILLIANT!!!

They are actually called U2:UK

and Bono aka Paul was really brilliant, amazing vocals, looks and perfomance, he had all the moves going on! :)

and lol he dedciated with or without you to me...held my hand and pulled me up on the stage and danced with me and then kissed my hand lol...I was sooo embarassed but it was cool! lol

I just need that to happen with the real BONO!

Hey guys. I'm a drummer in a U2 tribute band called Joshua Tree based on Long Island,NY. Check us out at 'joshtree.com'. Thanks. -Ray

from Mexico: Ultraviolet
from Chile: Lemon
from Spain: Please

I haven't listened any

Another tribute band, a french one

Hi,
Here are some pieces of a french U2 tribute band called zoofly.
More music online soon.
Some links are dead for a couple of days on zoofly.com, sorry for that.
What do you think about them?
www.multimania.com/mouchezoo/pointzoo/zoofly_introzoostation.zoo
www.multimania.com/mouchezoo/pointzoo/zoofly_evenbetter.zoo
Please rename all .zoo to .mp3
zoofly_5.jpg

I saw (who I later on found out) Zoo Station (Cleveland-based, were profilied on this site) at the Lorain Portfest last weekend in Lorain, OH. I was there with my mom and her cousins; we had just gone to the Hall of Fame the day before and what a treat...I am kind of biased against tribute bands but this band wasn't dressed up as lookalikes. I like how the segued from Silver and Gold into When Love Comes to Town and back to Silver and Gold. ("Edge" sang BB's part perfectly, it was funny). I also liked the set of Police songs in there, too!

bammo2 said:
Zu2 are another good UK based band. they are actually based in Nottinghamshire but they play all over the country. Keep your eye out for them - they're damned good!

I've seen them, they're amazing, i seen them in the pub down the road from me and me and my friend got to sit with them at the end of the show and that, and they're dead sound, am going to see them again tomorrow really looking forward to it

bono_man2002 said:
anyone know of any U2 Tribute bands in Australia?

ive seen the australia u2 show twice, they play in little collins street in melb pretty much every friday nite, have a squiz on yahoo and you will find thier site. they are alright as far as coverbands go

Well if you are in Chicago I would recommend seeing Vertigo. They put on a great show. They may have only been together for a short time but most people who see them think they have been together for 2 years because they are that good. Plus it helps to have real U2 fans in the band.

Visit their website:VertigoU2band.com

They should have audio and video up soon.

Elevation is old hat now, and since they've gotten their new members it's definately not the same. They're not in it for the love of the tunes and it shows.

I'd definately recommend Vertigo if you want to go see an awesome band comprised entirely of U2 fans.

I'm the fake Larry in San Francisco's Zoo Station. We were profiled on this site not too long ago: forum.interference.com/t129285.html

We haven't quite made it to Kent of course but... we're not cheap but we can be had. ;-)

There's a U2 tribute band playing the mathew street festival, they're called elevation but they're from liverpool, anyone going there look out for them, i've not seen them before so i don't know if they're any good

Back
Top Bottom