U2 delay settings for guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
excellent, tapdogg
smile.gif

once I get a delay pedal, I will definitely try it out... But it will be a long time coming, since I got no moolah at the moment!

Edge is a genius--that fact is both frustrating and inspiring!
smile.gif

foray

Tapdogg, may I ask permissssion to forward this webpage of yours to a U2 list I join?
(it's u2sound)

Actually, I believe that is where it originated. My roommate hooked me up with that file and he's on U2sound all the time.

So, if you throw it on that group, tell them thanks because it probably came from them.

I think the link is dead, does anybody else have any delay ideas? I've been reading tabs. Sorry to make this brief, but does 400 to 420ms for the Streets intro sound correct?

I can't really help you with exact times...but I will suggest getting a delay with tap tempo...it's great! The key to the streets intro is stereo delay...there's just NO other way to nail it. To play U2 you need a stereo delay or a rythmic delay on basically every tune. Sorry if this hasn't been too helpful...but if you're really into getting U2's or U2-ey sounds...check out the line 6 dl-4. It's a lot of money...but there are just sooo many options and you can twist and turn knobs and get so many killer sounds. 3 presets plus a tap tempo switch. This thing is it when it comes to a versatile delay pedal.

------------------
I wanna dance, dance, dance in the dirty rain....where the streets have no name...

Back
Top Bottom