Ts-9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drive on full, Tone on either 11, 12 or 1 o'clock and Volume around the same area?

Or alternative Drive very low and volume very high if you want to boost your (tube) amp?

So what did you pay for it? Is it a new one or an oldie?

$80 on ebay, not sure how to tell whether reissue or not, the guy didnt say. I dont think i have a tube amp....any specific songs those are good for?

Dallas has said that Edge uses the Tubescreamer for a lot of the main OverDrive tones.

There was an interview... I will have to find it. But I think he said something to the effect that "Edge used the Tubescreamer for 75% of his main overdrive tones."

Chances are that is pretty accurate and that tone is then coloured by other OD's and/or distortions for chorus', solos, bridge sections...

The_Pac_Mule said:
$80 on ebay, not sure how to tell whether reissue or not, the guy didnt say. I dont think i have a tube amp....any specific songs those are good for?

A tube amp is kinda inseparable from a tubescreamer. Overdrive pedals in general sound better on tube amps as the magic all happens with the tubes. I've got a couple of tubescreamer clones that sound crap on solid state amps but absolutely :drool: on tube amps.

Besides, Edge exclusively uses Vox AC-30 tube amps for his sound.

Muad'zin said:

Besides, Edge exclusively uses Vox AC-30 tube amps for his sound.

Not true. He used the Fender Tweeds on this last tour. Dallas was even quoted as saying Edge was using the Fenders for a lot of songs that he normally used the AC30's in the past. He had a Roland JC120 on UF and JT Tours. He use the Randall amps on ZooTV and POPMart.

He has also used a wide range of amps in the studio including a Fender Bassman and HiWatt.

I understand your point, however, AC30s is not his "exclusive" amp choice.

TheEdge U2JT said:

Not true. He used the Fender Tweeds on this last tour. Dallas was even quoted as saying Edge was using the Fenders for a lot of songs that he normally used the AC30's in the past. He had a Roland JC120 on UF and JT Tours. He use the Randall amps on ZooTV and POPMart.

He has also used a wide range of amps in the studio including a Fender Bassman and HiWatt.

I understand your point, however, AC30s is not his "exclusive" amp choice.

Interesting! Of course Fender amps rock! And from what I hear they are more reliable then Vox amps as well. Of course they're all tube amps, so ideally for a TS-9.

The_Pac_Mule said:
gah, I can't get '80s Sunday Bloody Sunday on it :( anyone wanna help?

Edge didn't use the TS-9 in the 80's. He mostly used a Boss OD-2 turbo overdrive on the early album. Plus I heard rumors he may have used a Guyatone fuzz live to get that Under a bloodred sky tone.

ZOOTV could have been the OD-2, the SD-1 or a tone from the Korg A3. I am not certain.

He had the OD-2 for the War tour and up through Elevation tour.

He did have a Guyatone Zoom distortion early on but that was shortlived... I think it was only used during the October tour and October 1982 summer festivals

he uses the TS-9 on a few things

SBS/Electric co/

you can see the loops engaged
if you watch the 'chicago Vertigo tour dvd '

and Elevation tour a few things

id keep most settings at 12oclock

BB

Back
Top Bottom