True Chords for One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axwack

Babyface
I think some of the tabs on the web are accurate in terms of the chords but what is the Edge doing on the picks...also I heard he has delays (0.5 ms).

Anyone have the right chords?

This is an easy song to play as an accoustic strum along song using the chords you have seen loads of times on the net.

The electric version (the way edge palys it) is another thing!

I have tried and tried to get the intro correct, I have watched and freeze framed DVD's but just cant get right what he plays at the Fmaj7 part of the intro. The rest of it I can do but that part never sounds right.

The outro has a delay of 500ms thats 0.5 of a second. That is hard to figure out too. I thought I was somwehere near untill I watched the Live8 dvd, there is a good close up of edge playing. He uses mainly upstrokes on the outro and it is frustrating thinking youve got it then having to work it out again.

Note Edge plays the intro using his fingers not a pick.

If anyone out there knows exactly what Edge plays at the Fmaj7 part of the intro let me know pleeeeze.

He looks like he is hammering and pulling off on the third fret of the B string, I know he also plays the top E string but it just doesnt sound right.

Can you post what you have?

CAn you post what you have? I'd be interested to see it...[

QUOTE]Originally posted by mackemlad
This is an easy song to play as an accoustic strum along song using the chords you have seen loads of times on the net.

The electric version (the way edge palys it) is another thing!

I have tried and tried to get the intro correct, I have watched and freeze framed DVD's but just cant get right what he plays at the Fmaj7 part of the intro. The rest of it I can do but that part never sounds right.

The outro has a delay of 500ms thats 0.5 of a second. That is hard to figure out too. I thought I was somwehere near untill I watched the Live8 dvd, there is a good close up of edge playing. He uses mainly upstrokes on the outro and it is frustrating thinking youve got it then having to work it out again.

Note Edge plays the intro using his fingers not a pick.

If anyone out there knows exactly what Edge plays at the Fmaj7 part of the intro let me know pleeeeze.

He looks like he is hammering and pulling off on the third fret of the B string, I know he also plays the top E string but it just doesnt sound right.
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom