Tribute Band Roundtable: How has the economy affected your band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
Obviously you don't need to share any specific details as far as figures or percentages go, but I'm curious to hear how the recession/slowdown/depression (whichever you prefer) is impacting your band.

Our club and pub show attendance seems to be holding steady. I have noticed that cover charges have not increased, but they haven't decreased either. So that aspect has stayed the same. We haven't seen the bump usually associated with a new U2 album (hell... I don't think U2 got the "bump" they were hoping for either) but we're curious to see what happens with the tour (which unfortunately is bypassing our area on the first leg). Still, flat is better than a decrease and things could certainly be much much worse.

Our corporate party/event schedule is where we've taken the biggest hit which makes sense since those types of things are having their budgets slashed or taken away altogether.

Overall, even though we've certainly felt the effects on a personal level (friends, significant others etc. being laid off) it seems like people still make room for us when they want to be entertained at a reasonable price.

A cursory glance at the Gatherings page is encouraging. Seems like the usual suspects are still out there playing a lot of shows, which is great. But if you're at all interested in chiming in with some more details about what's going on in your market, by all means add to the thread. I thought it might be an interesting conversation.

Back
Top Bottom