The 'normal' looking Warwick bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I am not sure which model it is yet.

GaleonGirl has suggested it might be a "Thumb" model. But the pictures that I've found of the Thumb bass do not match the one that Adam has used.

The 'Thumb' bass has (3) knobs in more of a line. (See pic below)

WarwickThumb5.jpg

The bass that Adam's used has 4 knobs in a more 'diamond' pattern. (Adam's bass below)

Warwick-model_uncertain-Xxxx-darkbr.jpg

I've heard it 'might' be a "Streamer LX" but I'm waiting for confirmation on that.[/IMG]

:doh: Oh right, the Streamer. I totally forgot about that one!

I think you're right, since the Streamer basicaly has the same body shape as the Thumb, but indeed has four knobs in a diamondish pattern. The top thingy is a bit longer, too. It's too bad the pics of Adam playing it are so dark so you can't see the pickups properly. That would help!

I talked to an Artist Rep at Warwick. He said that the 'normal' looking bass is a Streamer Stage with mirrored pickups, like John Entwistle had.

He said that Adam had seen a documentary on The Who and was in love with Entwistles bass tone. Why not, Entwistle had great tone!

And Adam had become an Entwistle disciple around 2000 or at least by then. In fact, the Ashdown setup he used for the past two tours was the same as Entwistle had used.

He said they they sent a Warwick "Dolphin" to Adam also. But I've not seen any video or shots of him using it as of yet.

Adam became an Entwhistle disciple? That helps to explain the shift away from simple eighth-note grooves in the 00s, and the seemingly new Edge-like experimentation with amp setups and different basses.

Edge and Adam both seem to have "discovered" The Who around the same time, circa. 1999-2001.

And now that the A-man is clean, we don't have to worry about a nexus of a Vegas hotel room, a stripper, and cocaine. (Still wish the Ox was around but he went out like a rock star!):reject:

Back
Top Bottom