The 'normal' looking Warwick bass - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:50 AM
The 'normal' looking Warwick bass

I am not sure which model it is yet.

GaleonGirl has suggested it might be a "Thumb" model. But the pictures that I've found of the Thumb bass do not match the one that Adam has used.

The 'Thumb' bass has (3) knobs in more of a line. (See pic below)

The bass that Adam's used has 4 knobs in a more 'diamond' pattern. (Adam's bass below)

I've heard it 'might' be a "Streamer LX" but I'm waiting for confirmation on that.[/IMG]

Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 11:50 AM
Oh right, the Streamer. I totally forgot about that one!

I think you're right, since the Streamer basicaly has the same body shape as the Thumb, but indeed has four knobs in a diamondish pattern. The top thingy is a bit longer, too. It's too bad the pics of Adam playing it are so dark so you can't see the pickups properly. That would help!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I talked to an Artist Rep at Warwick. He said that the 'normal' looking bass is a Streamer Stage with mirrored pickups, like John Entwistle had.

He said that Adam had seen a documentary on The Who and was in love with Entwistles bass tone. Why not, Entwistle had great tone!

And Adam had become an Entwistle disciple around 2000 or at least by then. In fact, the Ashdown setup he used for the past two tours was the same as Entwistle had used.

He said they they sent a Warwick "Dolphin" to Adam also. But I've not seen any video or shots of him using it as of yet.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 11:50 AM
Ohh that Dolphin looks funky.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Ohh that Dolphin looks funky.
Dolphin's are a bit 'odd'. I hear they sound great.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 02:50 AM
Adam became an Entwhistle disciple? That helps to explain the shift away from simple eighth-note grooves in the 00s, and the seemingly new Edge-like experimentation with amp setups and different basses.

Edge and Adam both seem to have "discovered" The Who around the same time, circa. 1999-2001.

And now that the A-man is clean, we don't have to worry about a nexus of a Vegas hotel room, a stripper, and cocaine. (Still wish the Ox was around but he went out like a rock star!)

branwalls is offline   Reply With Quote