The Edge Distorted Riffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngusSlash

Babyface
Can someone help me to get the sound of the edge riffs like in Beauiful Day the part of "Touch me take me to that other place........ please help me i have a boss me50

primarily you'll need a delay and an overdrive

Specifically, a TS-9 or SD-1 lightly overdriven sound. As for delays, on the Vertigo tour Edge used 2 - one at 422ms and the other at 435ms. The combination will thicken up the sound and make a real difference, but if you have one use 422ms with a mod delay.

Hope that helps!

Specifically, a TS-9 or SD-1 lightly overdriven sound. As for delays, on the Vertigo tour Edge used 2 - one at 422ms and the other at 435ms. The combination will thicken up the sound and make a real difference, but if you have one use 422ms with a mod delay.

Hope that helps!

for those big chords in Beautiful Day, i think you would need more than just a little overdrive. those chords are really full on and break up pretty fast. the riff is probably just overdrive though, it's a lot cleaner ad bitey.

Can someone help me to get the sound of the edge riffs like in Beauiful Day the part of "Touch me take me to that other place........ please help me i have a boss me50

for those big chords in Beautiful Day, i think you would need more than just a little overdrive. those chords are really full on and break up pretty fast. the riff is probably just overdrive though, it's a lot cleaner ad bitey.

There are a number of sounds and I could only begin to play it once I had a MIDI controller to switch between them. I'm not great at tap dancing!

The "Touch me..." part, which is what I posted about, yeah, it's just overdrive on there.

If we're talking the chorus / power chords section, this is more than a little overdrive :hyper:! I use my Pod XT Pro on the Modern Hi Gain sound, and I forget right now which OD, but with that and my AC30, it's ginormous. You also need to switch to the bridge pickup at this point. Some have mentioned using the HiWatt sim, but really he's just emulating his Randall amps with the Pod I believe, so try a few models.

There's also the clean sound for the intro harmonics with no delay, which is also used when Edge shadows the bassline under the first couple of lines, the clean delayed sound on the verses, which is with the 422ms mod delay and the neck pickup, the "seagull sound" which needs a pitch shifter on +2 octaves. And I just switch back to the verse sound for the "See the world..." arpeggiated section.

Hope that covers it.

Back
Top Bottom