the edge available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eventide

The Fly
Hi i would like to offer my u2 services to any u2 wannabe tribute in the uk only!!!!

I have a vast knowledge of all things the EDGE and have four years experiance playing live .

I play guitar obviously but i also do backing vocals and play all the piano parts and also control loops from my rig eg BAD WOWY etcetc

Got my own transport to

yeah me and Adam clayton are still together but our singer turned out to be a nob so we had to get rid of him!!!!!

I believe that he was banned from this site too!!!

Interesting Thread. I was the Sound Engineer for this band and they have let me down as well as Goodyear Pavilion in Wolverhampton.

Not good Eventide This is the second time I have been involved with your band and you again have failed to keep me and venues informed of the situation.

I had no idea the band had split and have had no emails from you or anyone else saying the gigs you booked me for where cancelled. I have turned down other gigs as these dates have been in my diary. Thanks Eventide you strike again. But hey you just want to play guitar. What a laugh....

Nothing personal but when you blame it on the singer then I dont think its fair. You called him a nob with out him having the right of reply. I have only stated the facts as I know them. I do not think he was a nob at all.

TheEdge U2JT said:
How many singers have you gone through now????

If I recall from another thread, you said the same thing about all of them too.

Yes makes you wonder who the nob is really. they have had 4 singers the last one lasted about 3 gigs. Was a really nice bloke I found him by advertising on a forum but again the credit was taken by someone else.

Hey ho Sound Engineer available with a 5K rig if any one interested lol...

Ok i will set the record straight once and for all!!!

NIK sorry UK HERO you never returned any emails that myself or craig sent to you and we decided that it was better to buy our own PA as you let us down more than once!
Yes you have a 5Krig and you call yourself a sound engineer but all you have done is used the band to test your new equipment out and nothing more we tried getting hold of you for recent gigs to no avail! i find your attitude towards bands very strange and all you are out for is to fill your pocket and when we have low paying gigs or showcases you are no where to be seen! i also had an issiue with the sound quality too i mean you put a noise gate on my guitar channelresulting in the guitar being cut off short and you didnt even notice until i pointed it out to you mid gig!Mark also complained about the vocal sound too>

If you had stayed intouch you would have been aware that craig our bass player had been in for an op and there were complications that forced us to cancel the wolverhampton gig! HE IS STILL NOT WELL AND WILL BE OFF WORK FOR 6WEEKS!!!!You had informed the venue before contacting any member of the band and as a result of you again poking your nose into the bands business you were the only person left with egg on his face!!!! Get some facts before you poke your nose into other people business! Pones are a wonderfull invention you know!

As for the singer well Paul Mcgahan was drafted back to the fold straight away and will be performing at Kidderminster Town hall on october 19th in front of a sell out crowd of 600 sorry Nik the PA account has gone to the DRP films group who are laying on 2 40 input desks 2 engineers and also a 10k rig.

You have also failed to mention that you had copied my adverts on other websites for musicians for future projects and sent them on to Mark the singer and basically stirred the shit!!! VERY PRO OF YOU INDEED! What right you have to poke your nose into my musical future god only knows and frankly if i want to play in another band i will !!!
Also i remember that it was you that wanted Paul Mcgahan instead of Mark Mitchell in the first place and that Mark did nothing but complain about how shit the sound was coming from your PA and to quote Mark he said wow its amazing how there was no feedback and the vocal sound tonight was great and you dont need to use all the shit stuff that Nik carries around with him there is no need for iT!!! ASK HIM HE WILL TELL YOU !!

I am referring to a gig we played near luton for a wedding reception we hired 2 cabs and a power amp of Nik cause again he couldnt commit to the band and i did the sound through my desk and there was no problems we set up in 30 mins and the crowd loved it even the bride and groom got on stage and performed with the band!Checkout 2u2 on youtube for there comments.

I find you to be a non professional as regard live sound you may have decent gear but you lack something in the use of it and i find you lasy!!! that was Jamies words mate!

Finally remember i booked you to do our sound and also a disco for my fathers 50th birthday party and when you were told that we didnt require the disco in the end you went off and did the sound for some other band!!! again the band felt let down by you and what loyalty we did feel was soon diminished as a result of your greed! I will take loyalty over money anyday and that night you would have been paid more than the band members and you still let us down!!!
Good job we bought a PA and became self sufficiant!

Last edited:
eventide the dreamer

eventide said:
yeah me and Adam clayton are still together but our singer turned out to be a nob so we had to get rid of him!!!!!

mark is banned from this site too you say????,well i dont think so eventide,because i am here,and i have been here along time,you tell somany lies your nose is bigger than your leg!!number 1,you didnt get rid of me,i got rid of you and your dopey bassist the very interesting craig {yawn},the truth is you are not up to performing in the tribute scene,you gave me somuch bull about this so called brilliant band,that i fell for it,after the second gig i started to lose total interest,imean i found myself travelling 800 miles to be paid 25£ lol whats all that about,you too couldnt organise a knees up in a brothel if you tried,THE FACTS ARE AS FOLLOWS,nik left this socalled band because basically you are very unpro,he also left because you play crappy little dive bars,that basically pay next to nothing lol,jamie your second x drummer also left for the same reasons as did i,the other reason i left is because you are a very sly,nasty too faced liar that goes behind peoples backs trying to better your carear whilst messing up others,the thing is jack ass,i found you out and got rid of your sorry ass,and im glad i did too,not only are you and craig unpro,you cant even play songs in time or for that matter in the proper key,3 gigs you played desire missing a verse and chorous each time,but you would not have it,no you was right and i was wrong,but in the end oh yes i was right lol,you cannot even play gods co a simple song at that to play!!! you almost bled peoples ears with the distortion and feedback you let off,it was a shambles,i was ashamed to even be in the same room as you,i could not wait to get out of the place and get away from the pair of you,jamie too,i knew jamie was leaving before you even had a clue lol,and he knew i was leaving,one quote from jamie was he could not stand any longer sitting in a van on the motorway with two people he had nothing in common with,who had no sense of humour!! i fully understand where he was coming from,the only gig i enjoyed was the first one,where jamie and his mate stood in for your sad bass player craig five bellies,,the three of us hit it off straight away and we really enjoyed the night and put on a show of unity which shines through the performance to people,you see what you dont have and never will have is a little word called {spirit}.nik put a blinding show on that night sound wise,.you have to remember that the pathetic gig you had us travel to in somerset where you didnt turn up till almost an hour before the gig start time and we ended up getting no money as usual with your socalled band!! there was me and nik stuck there,that poor bloke had to set up almost all tha gear on his own then rush around trying to set you idiots up because of your unpro attitude time wise!! what a joke but as nik said all you wanna do is play guitar,a quote from yourself,you cannot even do that properly!!!!.it got worse as the night went on your sound was a disaster as always,you was all over the place,out of tune missing notes,backing vocals all over the shop,straining on your face like popeye on crack lol,nowonder he left,and it got worse each gig,crap pay long hours,this coming from a band you state to be top of the tree and always big payers,it hit the nail on the head with jamie and myself,we decided to get the hell out aswell,so here you go with your old singer,sorry one of your old singers again lol,the same one you slammed and cursed about to my face,infact you have run every single singer down to my face,yet when they was in your band they where the best thing on the planet,how too faced can you get how dirty you are,now your going on about a 600 packed out gig lolwell i hope you have a great time,im glad i decided not to go,im glad i decided to tell you to shove it,you are just a waste of time,just from what you write in here,is comical,everyone can see you for what you are, a nasty lying too faced dirty back stabbing no gooder,one min your advertising for a u2 tribute band to take you in here,next your saying oh you and the bassist are still together,then its oh you drafted in your old singer lol,which is it?make your mind up,i know your even trying to set up a simple minds tribute,it says it all with you,the name fits you well,THE TRUTH IS YOU CANNOT HANDLE REJECTION, the three of us told you to shove it, that is the truth that is the record straight,not your fantasy version.. i was listening and seeing u2 live before you was even born little boy,you are nothing on me never will be either,i will be around way after you have disapeared up your own ass,,ive gone on to better things than the tripe you are involved in,so has jamie and nik,we simply do not need you and your big bellied bass man of doom,god if only he could play a song without missing a note that would help a little,but you both suit eachother well in that department,i wasnt gunna say anything about you on the internet,but there you was saying about me how you got rid of me coz im a nob lol,who the hell do you think you are?your the nob pal a little one at that,you can have all the guitars in the world all the effects but if you cant play the songs correct your wasting your time,give it up and try some medication to sort yourself out!!!me and nik and jamie have been in contact quite often, we are basically laughing at your childish attitude,so anyway how many singers??how many singers have you ran down,i wonder what all your posts in the past say about all this i bet it would be fun to read,just to see how warped you really are,jt above got the right idea on that,havent you basically said all this before about other singers you had lol,come on get a life,anyone that is desperate enough to have you in their band would be crazy,you would destroy any band,you would destroy the harmony the spirit then you would destroy the sound and reputation,you are the edge of destruction on a grand scale,the funniest gig i have to tell everyone here is this,this clown had me travelling 800 miles round trip saying we got all these agents coming to see us it is a free gig but we will get big pay from it,i turned up it was a hall full of 70 80 year old people,they crapped their pants when we got up,here is me jumping on tables doing the bono and im looking thinking jesus someone is gunna have a heart attack here,all you could here is this over distorted fat boy on stage thinking he is the edge out of tune out of key,god knows what he was trying to play but he cleared the hall like a brown floater in a swimming pool!!! one agent was there lol the agent that arranged it,i and jamie decided that night the end was near,lets get out of this before anything worse happens,;;;you have your own pa rig but god you need to learn how to use it,your a disaster in all departments eventide a joke a total joke
i know you hate u2uk but i wanna send my good wishes to them,you have this big hang up about them but i think they do u2 justice show case wise,i wish i took up their offer of going to russia with them earlier this year but as i had just joined your make believe band i wanted to remain faithul,that is something you wouldnt understand in a million years,still life goes on and so does mine,you however are stuck in a moment and you cant get out of it!!!! you cant even play that song,nor can you play sometimes you cant make it nor can you play mysterious ways, i could name somany,and you think your the edge?lol,YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK GOODBYE
by the way,here is a link of a few songs of my vocals you might want to give to your singer,yes thats right the one of many that left lol,maybe he can learn how to sing like this and in the right key,instead of always playing half a step down lol
i simply blow him and all your other singers away,and on stage too,as i said you got nothing on me,my vocals speak for themselves,its called power and soul,something you would never understand
http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp

Attachments

• pope_bono.jpg
    pope_bono.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
by the way i have been a member here much longerrrrrrrrr than you,where you heard i was banned is just a sad one of many lies you come out with,but booh here i am since 2005 lol

This is interesting stuff - I live and play music in Cornwall and have seen several U2 acts including U2 UK and the eventide incarnations - I am not a U2 tribute artist but having seen both I agree that there are questions over theplaying by eventide - we all are entitled to our interpretations of peoples playing and songs BUT if setting yourself up as a tribute act you should be trying to get as close as possible or at least doing a convincing job that people listening too think is very close. U2UK do this very well - people love their shows because of the vibe. Eventide is miserable on stage and doesn't convinve as a player either.

I occasionally visit this site as one of many to pick up tips on gear/playing etc and compare notes. Using the site to have a pop at singers that you haven't got on with doesn't fit with the spirit of playing music generally and definitely with the spirit that is embodied by The Edge and U2.

Eventide should get back to basics - play the music, try and do it well and enjoy the experience.

Watch Pete Townshend on stage to get some tips on how to take the audience with you!!!

(NIK) Sorry this is going to be a long post but I too need to
Set the record straight once and for all!!!

Ok i will set the record straight once and for all!!!

NIK sorry UK HERO you never returned any emails that myself or craig sent to you and we decided that it was better to buy our own PA as you let us down more than once!

(NIK) I did not receive any emails from you in connection with up coming gigs and you have my mobile No my home No and theses including my emails worked fine when you needed them too!!

Yes you have a 5Krig and you call yourself a sound engineer but all you have done is used the band to test your new equipment out and nothing more

(NIK) The last items of kit I purchased were directly in response to what 2U2 needed and I purchased the kit costing £750 with my own money even though the gigs were not at that point in time paying me a living wage.

we tried getting hold of you for recent gigs to no avail! i find your attitude towards bands very strange and all you are out for is to fill your pocket and when we have low paying gigs or showcases you are no where to be seen!

(NIK)This is absolute BS I used to travel down to Somerset with you for the price of the fuel for the van of which I put £20 of my own money towards. Also the last gig I did with you in Somerset did not even cover my fuel costs. Fuel £90 fee paid £50. You are a Scaffolder by day and that is how you earn your money. I earn my money by DJing and sound engineering. So if you earn £50 on a night its just pin money to you, but that £50 to me is my wage of which I have to pay tax as I am self employed and registered with HM Tax.

i also had an issiue with the sound quality too

(NIK) If this be the case then why say this above “we tried getting hold of you for recent gigs to no avail”!

i mean you put a noise gate on my guitar channel resulting in the guitar being cut off short and you did’nt even notice until i pointed it out to you mid gig!

(NIK) Yes I did put a gate on your guitar so as to keep the hum and earth loops that come from it coming over front of house. The reason you heard it and I did not was that as well as having two AC30s blasting behind you, you had your guitar blasting through the foldback. Your level coming off stage was so high I did not have you sufficiently high in the FOH mix to hear the gate causing problems where you did on stage from the Excessively High foldback mixs.

(NIK) As Mark has said you do have a load of kit but it sounds awful most of the time it is very noisy and has so much hum and fizz coming from it any engineer would have to gate it. I accept in a larger auditorium this would not be such a problem but in a room with a capacity of 150 people and a guitarist,who will not listen to his engineer I had no recourse but to gate the noise coming from you when your guitar was silent.

Mark also complained about the vocal sound too>

(NIK) He has stated to me that he did not, and again as I have said to you guys if there is a problem let me know. If he did have a problem it would have been with the monitor mix as you and Craig wanted Bass and guitar pumping through the monitors so with the high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) already on stage I was then expected to give the singer a clean loud non distorted foldback vocal mix. If you guys as I have told you many times turned your back line down you would have a better monitor mix and a better FOH. Engineers have a saying “s-h-i-t in s-h-i-t out and you were the epitome of this saying.

If you had stayed in touch you would have been aware that Craig our bass player had been in for an op and there were complications that forced us to cancel the Wolverhampton gig!

(NIK) So again you could not of phoned me and let me know. You Craig Mark and Jamie have my mobile my home and my email no’s and addresses.

HE IS STILL NOT WELL AND WILL BE OFF WORK FOR 6WEEKS!!!!

(NIK) I am sorry to hear this and hope he gets well soon.

You had informed the venue before contacting any member of the band and as a result of you again poking your nose into the bands business you were the only person left with egg on his face!!!!

(NIK) I don’t see any egg mate I have some work coming up at the Pavilion in Wolverhampton. Do you??

Get some facts before you poke your nose into other people business! Phones are a wonderful invention you know!

(NIK) YES THEY ARE!!! Try using yours, not only to inform me of any problems but also venues as soon as anything happens where there booking with you might be in jeopardy of not going ahead that is the professional thing to do. NOT HOPE FOR THE BEST, or ignore it like Selsey where we nearly did not turn up due to problems with a singer.

As for the singer well Paul Mcgahan was drafted back to the fold straight away and will be performing at Kidderminster Town hall on october 19th in front of a sell out crowd of 600

(NIK) So how come if you phone them there are still tickets available. Call the box office 01562 68471 and ask. I called and asked if they had 30 tickets available for a birthday party oh and guess what, yes they did no problem… Maybe not so sell out after all uh. And also zero publicity for this gig anywhere.

sorry Nik the PA account has gone to the DRP films group who are laying on 2 40 input desks 2 engineers and also a 10k rig.

(NIK) So you got a FOH desk a Monitor Desk and two engineers plus a 10K rig lol hope you got enough money in your bank to pay them when you don’t pick up as much as you would hope.

(NIK) DRP drpgroup (DOT) com seem like a very good high ranking provider of corporate entertainment and facilities who provide there services to the likes of Marks and Spencer, Avis, Thomas Cook, Sainsbury’s etc etc there list goes on and on. Check out there site. Now are these guys going to rig out a venue for you for £50 I think not. Maybe £1500 but not £50.

(NIK) And why would you need a 40 Channel FOH and 40 Channel Monitor mixer?? At the very most you would use 20 for FOH and substantially less for Foldback.

You have also failed to mention that you had copied my adverts on other websites for musicians for future projects and sent them on to Mark the singer and basically stirred the shit!!! VERY PRO OF YOU INDEED!

(NIK) You mean informed other band members that you were looking to join or form another bands while saying you are a loyal and dedicated member of 2U2. I use your comment back at you VERY PRO OF YOU INDEED!

What right you have to poke your nose into my musical future god only knows and frankly if i want to play in another band i will !!!

(NIK) When it affects me and the bookings I have turned down so I can provide a PA for your band then every right. I have lost money because of you time and time again. I am not working to night Sat 29th September 2007 because I had a 2U2 booking. Ipswich Railway in Suffolk. I just hope you have had the good grace to inform them a few weeks ago that you’re not turning up. From past experience I would say you have not.

Also i remember that it was you that wanted Paul Mcgahan instead of Mark Mitchell in the first place and that Mark did nothing but complain about how shit the sound was coming from your PA and to quote Mark he said wow its amazing how there was no feedback and the vocal sound tonight was great and you dont need to use all the shit stuff that Nik carries around with him there is no need for iT!!! ASK HIM HE WILL TELL YOU !!

(NIK) At the time Paul was a know entertie and yes I did say we should have gone with Paul for that reason. Nothing personal to Mark it was a dissision bassed on the facts I had infront of me at that moment in time. I have and he denies it but as I was not there its your word against his and so far your word isn’t worth much is it! Again if it was so crap why did you say you were trying to contact me about up coming gigs? And if you don’t need all that shit why have you hired a full 10K rig with monitor desk and FOH desk and two engineers.

I am referring to a gig we played near luton for a wedding reception we hired 2 cabs and a power amp of Nik cause again he couldnt commit to the band

(NIK) You also had a mixer off me which came back with a lovely scratch on it even though it was in a flight case. When I was asked to return to the band, note that ASKED TO RETURN. I told you upfront that I had other commitments and would be available as and when I could. I said there had to be some trust built up here because of what had gone before, you agreed to my terms.

and i did the sound through my desk and there was no problems we set up in 30 mins and the crowd loved it even the bride and groom got on stage and performed with the band!Checkout 2u2 on youtube for there comments.

(NIK) I have checked out youtube and the only videos available are mine so where is this comment please provide a link to it and the video clip to go with it..

I find you to be a non professional as regard live sound you may have decent gear but you lack something in the use of it and i find you lasy!!! that was Jamies words mate!

(NIK) Lazy so I turn up to gigs hours before you guys rig the PA on my own then help you in with your gear run FOH during the gig and then assist you with your packing up as well as my own. On the odd occasion I have taken you and Craig to gigs other than on one trip down south where you drove for half an hour you guys generally slept and I drove you around. Craig never offered to help with the driving and you only offered after the event “should have woken me up mate I would have done some driving” was your usual quote as I dropped you off in Kidderminster and still had a 45 min drive back to Wolverhampton. If that’s Lazy then guilty as charged. And if Jamie said that I would like to know what he based that on as I would help him with his kit while you guys were holding up the bar. I never left the gig until all members were packed away I was always the first to arrive and the last to leave. So again this is BS!!

(NIK) Also I have recently been working with a band called the Troggs you might have heard of them been around since the 60’s and I mean the original band not a tribute they were very happy with my sound. And were so much more laid back than you guys they only had vocals in there monitors and the guitarist angled his amp up at his head as a matter of instinct to use it as a monitor. How many times have I said for you to do this. If you have a FOH PA your back line should just be for monitor use, but do you listen? Have you taken it on board? NO!!!.

Finally remember i booked you to do our sound and also a disco for my fathers 50th birthday party and when you were told that we didnt require the disco in the end you went off and did the sound for some other band!!! again the band felt let down by you and what loyalty we did feel was soon diminished as a result of your greed!

(NIK) You told me and again it was last minute that the gig was not going ahead as one of your relations had booked something else for him. You did say you might turn it into a 2U2 night but was not 100% I said ok in that case I have been offered a paid gig with another band (who seem to like the sound I provide for them BTW and pay good money) So I will take that. You agreed.

I will take loyalty over money any day and that night you would have been paid more than the band members and you still let us down!!!

(NIK) Lol well seeing as the Band members were probably doing it for nothing then that would not have been hard now would it. And I reffer you to a ponint above how loyal is it to activley look for other positions in another band behind the backs of your band mates.

Good job we bought a PA and became self sufficiant!

(NIK) I agree.

------- All from NIK below-----------

I would like to lastly add that the concept of 2U2 (or as it was first know yoU2 a name thought up by my wife Helen but the credit for that was also stolen by other band members, who interestingly weren’t in the band when I first met Daz and told him of the name). That Daz is an OK guitarist I will not slate him for that even though he thinks its big to try and rubbish my skills.

And, this band could have been good, the big problem is that in his own words “I just want to play guitar” will always hold him back. He is happy to sit back and let some one else do the web sites the phoning around the managing of the band etc and only complain that there nobs when the current singer or who ever, sees him for what he is. A boy in a mans body with many toys to play with.

He could go far in a U2 tribute band, but never will as he has the pub band mentality and does not work harmoniously with people to produce a good sounding and feeling band.

Some of Marks comments about Craig might be true, But he might just be shy some people are, I am and many performers are.

To Daz although this will fall on deaf ears you must take stock of what you want to do and go for it as I always say its two words SHOW and BUSINESS and you have to do both of them to be successful. Although I would never work with you again now, you have had your second chance with me (and no doubt you will retort with something along the lines of “we wouldn’t want you anyway) I hope one day you realise that you could get somewhere with a more dedicated approach. As to your playing ability I do not play guitar and so can not fully comment on it as this would not be fair and it should be down to your peers to do that.

To others reading this post. I would say if you take Daz into your band be aware that he can be sneaky and sometime a little spare with the truth at times.

To the Mods

I felt the need to set the record straight on this matter and thought it was only fair that Mark had the opportunity to also do so. I have also emailed Tony (another ex singer) and Jamie (another Ex Drummer) with a link to this thread so if they feel like it they can voice there response.

Best of luck to you all

Nik Andrews aka UKHero

He He He thanks guys for keeping this thread at the top.

I like apple pie hot but with cream or ice cream mmmmm

UKHero said:
He He He thanks guys for keeping this thread at the top.

I like apple pie hot but with cream or ice cream mmmmm

yep you cant beat a bit of apple pie specially with egg on your face hey eventide hehe!!
no worries on that ukhero i managed to put those song links on my sig instead,thnx anyways,have a good sunday,time for a sunday lunch and a nice pint of guiness mmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• andrew_cmu_edu-user-lmoh-pics-guinness.jpg
    andrew_cmu_edu-user-lmoh-pics-guinness.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 77
i was saying you should use it ;) i know you're used to mike talkin shit to you. and i don't know what's gotten into me. perhaps the ink has gotten to my head and now i feel like the ultimate badass. so yeah, i was just bein sassy.

Gotta say, not terribly impressed with the sound clips I got for you guys.

If you want to do originals, do originals. If you're doing a tribute band, then take the time to learn to play the songs right.

I can't tell if you're half-assing it or if you're shooting toward your own interpretation.

Loar said:

If you want to do originals, do originals. If you're doing a tribute band, then take the time to learn to play the songs right.

I can't tell if you're half-assing it or if you're shooting toward your own interpretation.

So you would not agree with this blurb they used to put on all the web sites they could find.

2U2// are the most accurate tribute to the mighty U2. Since their formation they have been generating a huge amount of attention and a rapidly expanding fan base. The band`s attention to detail and pursuit of perfection are pivotal to recreating the sound, presence and energy of U2 on stage.

U2 over the last two decades have given us some of the most memorable songs together with the best live performances of any band seen today. Their world wide status and unmistaken sound makes it difficult to capture their sound and presence on stage until now, with the fantastic voice of Tony Higginson(Bono) 2U2// tribute band can uncannily take you back to the early days with songs like New Years Day and Streets Have No Name - and right up to their new album Vertigo and Sometimes You Can`t make it on Your Own.

incredibly accurate vocals
tonys presence, charisma and an incredibly accurate vocals on stage backed with the powerful performance of the band likens 2U2// to being possibly the closest thing that U2 fans will ever hear to the real thing. Many might attempt to copy the vocal passion and harmonies of Bono; tony stands out from the rest in that he delivers it with a sound that is virtually indistinguishable from the great man himself.

The band`s attention to detail and pursuit of perfection are pivotal to recording the sound, presence and energy of U2 on stage.

Their live performance hits you head on, brimming with passion, raw energy, grit and vocal harmony. The guitar sounds are a swirling mass of echoes, chimes and delays and the rhythm - strong, solid and up beat.

2U2`s guitarist Darren Keen is an authority on the sound and hi-tech guitar effects that are such a critical aspect of the music which U2 are so revered. Such is 2U2`s desire to remain faithful to that sound that their own `Edge` Daz has invested more than £30,000 with the makers of the original to replicate the very rig used by the Edge. The Edge and Daz aside, no other such rig exists - anywhere!

experience
The musicians have many years experience in the industry and have written, produced and performed for TV, Radio and Film. They have performed in many parts of the world and are now united in providing an outstanding recreation of the U2 experience.

<<NOT SURE THIS IS TRUE, INFACT PRETTY SURE IT IS UNTRUE>>

Just as U2`s Larry Mullen started U2, 2U2// professional drum teacher Chris Harvey instigated 2U2// with Darren Keen as the Edge and spent three years looking for the most talented musicians to form the most accurate tribute band.

<<THIS IS UNTRUE AS yoU2 THE FORUNNER TO 2U2 WAS STARTED IN THE UPSTAIRS ROOM OF A PUB IN KIDDERMINSTER AND BEFORE CRAIG AND CHRIS WERE ON BOARD. IT WAS CLAIMED THAT CHRIS CAME UP WITH THE NAME yoU2 BUT HE DID NOT MY WIFE DID HEY HO >>

By incorporating and celebrating two and a half decades of the music for which U2 are renowned 2U2// play everything that the audience would expect to hear and more.

Last edited:
Loar said:

and what sound clips would that be loar,?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom