The Edge & Line 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
While looking for information on one picture I came across this one... in the background you can see the (2) Line 6 DM4 Pro (custom for Edge only) but you can also see that he had a Line 6 DL4 Pro in the rack during the promo for HTDAAB.

4626-4.jpg

The Line 6 Pro rack gear never really sold well and was discontinued in short order. I know of many that have 're-discovered' the MM4 Pro and DL4 Pro and love both units.

He and Dallas have a good relationship with Line 6 and have seemed more than willing to try and incorporate Line 6 gear into the recording and touring rigs.

Effects
  • Line 6 DM4
  • Line 6 DM4 Pro (Custom for The Edge)
  • Line 6 DL4
  • Line 6 DL4 Pro
  • Line 6 Pod Pro

Although I am guessing that Edge probably has, like the Death By Audio gear, at least one of each of the Line 6 pedals and rack gear.

I also remember seeing a single Line 6 pedal on the top of the rack in a Vertigo era picture. There was a lot of speculation as to what pedal that might have been; that the Edge may have been merely experimenting. It seemed to be there for the one picture/one show. I think it was the Rotary pedal. (Unconfirmed)
Guitars
  • Line 6 Variax 700 acoustic - Silver sparkle finish - used for "Love and Peace" during the 'Vertigo' tour
  • Line 6 Variax 700 acoustic - black with 'Vertigo' graphic - used for "The Fly" during the 'Vertigo' tour
  • Line 6 JVT-69 electric guitar - Edge took delivery of this guitar near the end of the 360 tour.

Bono used the Line 6 Amp Modeler pedal in his 'Vertigo' rig.

Back
Top Bottom