The Edge and Divided by 13 JRT 9/15 amp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Another great amp not talked about much is the Divided by 13 JRT 9/15 head + 1x12F cabinet.

The are actually pretty cool amps. I'm not sure why he's not using it more, unless he just prefers the sound of the vintage amps he's using.

All the reviews I've read have been pretty great.

Link:
Divided By 13 Amplification - Amplifiers

Edge has a black and cream JRT 9/15 head + 1x12F cabinet.
Divided By 13 Amplification - Amplifiers - JRT 9/15

The amps come in multiple finishes, which is nice.

divided_logo.jpg

"Attention, budding ax gods: If you can hit the right notes, this compact rock box will make them sound like solid gold. The impeccably finished cabinet looks vintage, but it’s actually a postmodern mashup: Under the retrolicious grille cloth are two sets of power tubes from the classic age of rock — dual 6V6 amps, favored in the United States by the likes of Buddy Holly, and a pair of EL84s, secret weapon of the ’60s British Invasion. Flip a switch to alternate between them. Dual volume controls for each mode let you further color the tone for a jangling rockabilly sound or a fuzzed-out Hendrix snarl. Designed in 2004 by legendary amp auteur Fred Taccone, the JRT 9/15 has won scores of devoted converts — folks such as U2’s the Edge. It may look small (just 21 inches high and 38 pounds), but rest assured: This baby makes some glorious noise."

and

"Two amps in one?

With an overly stout and painstakingly developed power supply made to accommodate two sets of power tubes, the JRT 9/15 offers the biggest sound in a low wattage amplifier heard to date.

Starting from right to left, the single input of the amplifier (high and low sensitivity) feeds the inputs of two 5879 Pentodes, each with its own volume control and blendable. Each is voiced differently: one is brighter with more clean headroom while the other is gainier and thicker in the low mids. Added to this volume is a 6 position switch which offers a "bright cap" selection. The last knob is a high cut for the overall amplifier. The "Mode" toggle provides a selection of either 9+ Watts with 6V6s, or 15+ Watts with EL84s, offering and exceeding the best tones available in some of our favorite late 50's American 6V6 amplifiers, and our favorite EL84/EL34 English amplifiers. Don't be fooled by its size; this one sounds huge!"

There is mention of The Edge on the Divided by 13 site. But I've not know of Edge using it much.

Here is what Edge has (This is a stock photo and not Edge's actual amp) :

D13-9-15-STACK.jpg

I'm looking to find a few more pics if possible. I got two from Divided By 13 but they were horrible quality.

(I think the pics may have been from Vertigo tour)

You can see it behind the piano. Perhaps for some on-stage volume to hear his guitar parts while playing NYD? (Uncertain)

Black_EggshellJRT9-15w1x12cabinet-1.jpg

And seen off to the left in this pic below:
edge1.jpg

Anyone have any better pics?

Divided by 13 are wonderful, wonderful amps. When searching for a replacement for my Vox AC30, I had narrowed it to a handful of manufacturers and Divided by 13 was in the running along with Matchless (which I ended up with) and 65 Amps.

Divided by 13 are wonderful, wonderful amps. When searching for a replacement for my Vox AC30, I had narrowed it to a handful of manufacturers and Divided by 13 was in the running along with Matchless (which I ended up with) and 65 Amps.

The Divided by 13 JRT 9/15 combo is fantastic! It's also LOT of $$$$$. But if you have the cash and/or patience to save up... it would be worth it.

It is more Fender Tweed Deluxe like. I like the whole 2-amps in one bit, in the description. Sounds like a versatile amp. And from all the clips I've heard... well... I would love to have one for certain.

Matchless make a DC30 (something like that) that is very AC30-like. Definitely worth checking out.

http://matchlessamplifiers.com/c30.html

The Divided by 13 JRT 9/15 combo is fantastic! It's also LOT of $$$$$. But if you have the cash and/or patience to save up... it would be worth it.

It is more Fender Tweed Deluxe like. I like the whole 2-amps in one bit, in the description. Sounds like a versatile amp. And from all the clips I've heard... well... I would love to have one for certain.

Matchless make a DC30 (something like that) that is very AC30-like. Definitely worth checking out.

Matchless Amplifiers

My Matchless Avalon 30 sounds ridiculous like my AC30TB sounded. Except without all the extra Vox-esque noise, nor the heat. Also much lighter and smaller due to the fact that it's 1x12. But oddly, it easily matched my Vox in volume (or surpassed it) despite the fact that the Vox was 2x12.

Back
Top Bottom