The Edge and Alternate tunings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adriansr_martin

The Fly
Hi,

Anyone know if the Edge uses alternate tunings (especially when playing slide?) If so what are they.

I've been listening to the slide solo on Even better than the real thing and it sounds as though it's in standard tuning - ideas anyone?

Shanzuguitars.com Guitar resources, tips and news.

Even Better is in standard tuning.

Edge used Alt-tuning on the acoustic for Stuck in a Moment with is in an open E, and Unforgettable Fire which was played on a Telecaster with a F A D D G D set up.

The only other weird tuning he that I am aware of was his tuning on the lap steel he used on Surrender during the War Tour.

Other than that, everything is standard tuning or a 1/2 step down.

Edge usually uses Standard Tuning (EBGDAE), though on about half the songs they go a semitone lower, just to help Bono out a little bit. But for Love and Peace or Else, and the recent acoustic versions of Stuck in a Moment, Edge uses Open Tunings-- I know it's open D for LaPoE, and I'm pretty sure it's open E for Stuck.

edit: ^ dude, i didn't know TUF had such a crazy tuning. . . that's awesome :rockon:

dont forget Pride this tour is a whole step down and so is sunday bloody sunday. during elevation, SBS was a 1 1/2 step down!

Edge tunings

hey from what i can gather, alot of Edge tunings are usualy a half step down.. most of it is, some stuff is a whole step, i think. i usually play there stuff a half step down and everything sounds fine. And yous gotta remember the size strings he uses , he uses strings from 10-46 up to 11-50 something. and that helps alot. If your using strings that are 9-42 your not gonna get that big sound like he gets.. so yeaa..

Back
Top Bottom