Tabs for Elevation "Stay" and Zooropa '93 "Running To Stand Still"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tabs for Elevation "Stay" and Zooropa '93 "Running To Stand Still"?

I know the Elevation Tour version of "Stay" is just the chords picked out but does anyone know the chords and how to do that cool sounding little pull-of note Edge does every while. Come to think of it if anyone has/has a link to a good tab of the album version of "Stay" I would love that too, as I can't seem to find any good tabs anywhere.

Second, I've heard an excellent version of "Running To Stand Still" on both the Zooropa '93 Dublin and London shows. I'm not sure if they had it for the entire Zoo TV show but, anyway, if anyone can give me some tab for that it would be much appreciated.

I'd be much obliged to anyone who can help,

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

Forgive me for being slightly clueless, but what does "hammer on" mean in that tab. I think when you hammer on, you play the note just by hitting the string. In the Stay tab, does it mean you should try to play those entire first two chords by hitting the
strings rather than strumming?

For a hammer on you play the first note, then hammer on quickly the second with your finger. You only pluck the string ONCE yet get too sounds. Mess around with it!

For the "Stay" tab you play the first formation and then hammer on to the second. So you strum once for that part.

I don't have the exact tab, but I use my pinky to hammer-on the 2nd fret of the G string when playing the E chord. Sounds pretty close to me.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom