Strumming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waveofsorrow

Babyface
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to the guitar (currently acoustic) and I'm having a crazy time trying to figure out the strumming patterns to some songs. So it would be HUGELY appreciated if you could just suggest some patterns to these songs (they don't have to be perfect; just the basic jist of it all)

Running to Stand Still
Desire
Angel of Harlem
Stay
All I Want Is You

I know the chords and all, just need help with the ups and downs...

Big thanks in advance! :D:D:D

for the acoustic part of all i want is you, i play it with all down strokes with my thumb.

desire is tricky at first, id start out doing downstrokes for the chords and upstrokes in-between chords to "reset"

v - downstroke
^- upstroke

Dsus(v) - (^) - A(v) - (^) - E(v) -E(^) - A(v) - (^) - E(v) - it's all in the wrist man

RTSS i couldnt really say cause there isnt really any strumming on the album. if you wanna play the piano chords i think downstrokes would do it.

the rest you're on your own. its hard to explain to someone how to strum, its something you just get after a while. keep practising and you'll soon be able to pick up strumming by ear.

for the acoustic part of all i want is you, i play it with all down strokes with my thumb.

desire is tricky at first, id start out doing downstrokes for the chords and upstrokes in-between chords to "reset"

v - downstroke
^- upstroke

Dsus(v) - (^) - A(v) - (^) - E(v) -E(^) - A(v) - (^) - E(v) - it's all in the wrist man

RTSS i couldnt really say cause there isnt really any strumming on the album. if you wanna play the piano chords i think downstrokes would do it.

the rest you're on your own. its hard to explain to someone how to strum, its something you just get after a while. keep practising and you'll soon be able to pick up strumming by ear.

Great!!! Thank you so much, that definitely helped. Desire was probably the hardest one to figure out so thanks a lot! I'll definitely try them out.

Learn spanish style strumming (i.e. Fast Cars) then everything will come very naturally

Back
Top Bottom