Streets intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sligo U2 fan

The Fly
is there another way to play the intro apart from at 10th fret,saw a band last night do a cover of the song,it seemed to be a barred at the 8th?
Cheers!:wink:

if you were using a guitar tuned down half step, and had the capo at the 8th.

You would play G formation as D major
and C formation would be your G major
D formation=A major
Em formation=B minor
that weird C, i have no clue

the intro notes wouldnt really change, move up one fret, unless I am just totally confused, it would be the 11th fret instead of 10th, because it would be tuned down half step.

if you were using standard tuning, you would capo the 7th, instead of 8th

just trying to help

forget about the 8th fret, use the 7th fret, standard tuning.

I'll give it one more shot at describing

If you capo the 7th fret, and play the formation like you were playing G, it would actually be D and play it like you were playing C, it would be the G.

The actual standard song intro is in D and G, with the capo at 7th to get that D, you would play it like G. To get the G, you play it like C.

meaning (lo-hi) 230022 is G standard. If you play (lo-hi) 230022 with a capo at the 7th fret it is a D.

(lo-hi) X32010 is a standard C, right? well if you play that formation with the capo at 7th, it is a G.

That's what I mean by chord formation, maybe I am using the wrong term.

The guitarist was probably using a guitar tuned down 1/2 step, so he capoed the 8th, forget about that, it's just uneccessary to worry about. Use the 7th in standard tuning. much more simple.

Since the intro is in that upper register ahead of the capo, you don't change the notes of the intro, you just subsitute the formation in which you play those chords after playing the intro notes.

I have played the song, as I described, before, it gives it a cool sound on the intro, but you lose the lower register on the verses because of the capo.

the actual song intro is
D
G
Bm
A
Cvariant? dont know the name

with the capo at 7, you play as if you are playing these chords
G
C
Em
D
F variant

I would play that last F variant like this (hi-lo) X03213
That's about the best I can do.

Maybe that's how they played it, but you can't really play much of the song accurately with a capo at the 7th.

Back
Top Bottom