Strats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V Nura

Refugee
I'm in the market for a strat I was thinking vintage 197x

are the vintage strats worth it???

I've noticed a small difference but noghting major.

also there are different strats...anyone have any preferences??
Anyone have any thoughts on this???

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 05-19-2002).]

I play a Mexican Strat 70's Reissue, and I have to say it is hard to beat for the price. I play it through a VOX Cambridge. I'm not sure what your style is, but I get U2-style tones like a mofo on this guitar. I would most definitely recommend it.

Originally posted by Dustybot:
I play a Mexican Strat 70's Reissue, and I have to say it is hard to beat for the price. I play it through a VOX Cambridge. I'm not sure what your style is, but I get U2-style tones like a mofo on this guitar. I would most definitely recommend it.

Im going for the u2 sound....it works well huh???

not to downplay anyone...but usually i like to stay away from mexian/japanese made guitars...i prefer american made

and as far as a guitar goes....don't buy the name by the feel...play a guitar before you buy it...if it feels like you..then it is...if not...buy it..
biggrin.gif

------------------
" Can playing a Gibson guitar make you rich and famous? ... how do you define rich and famous? "

-Gibson, Pure

I played an American in the store before I bought the Mexican, and I have to say the sound quality is pretty equal between a higher-end Mexican and, say, an American Standard. If you wanna save a couple hundred bucks I suggest you just go with one of the top Mexicans, unless you're loaded
wink.gif
. But you should definitely go try some out for yourself.

I played an American in the store before I bought the Mexican, and I have to say the sound quality is pretty equal between a higher-end Mexican and, say, an American Standard. If you wanna save a couple hundred bucks I suggest you just go with one of the top Mexicans, unless you're loaded
wink.gif

does anyone know the model edge plays???????

Edge's Strat is probably a vintage (very expensive
wink.gif
) 70's era model, judging from the larger headstock.

wink.gif

Mexican made is not bad at all, you want to stay away from Japanese made. If you stick to American or high-end Mexican you should get good quality. Anything that is under that will probably give you problems when your ear get's more developed (you'll hear that it goes out of tune more easliy depending on what style of music you play).

------------------
" Can playing a Gibson guitar make you rich and famous? ... how do you define rich and famous? "

-Gibson, pure

Dustybot said:
Edge's Strat is probably a vintage (very expensive
wink.gif
) 70's era model, judging from the larger headstock.

and there's also the fact that he has a huge amount of strats in his collection from various years/models. i think that all black one w/ the large head stock is a CBS era strat...$$$$$$$$$$ :drool:

Mr. The Edge has multiple strats, as we all know. His black on black, now retired, is a '79, one of his his white on black is a '73, another a '72 another a '68. He always seems to stick to this era of strats. He did bring out one of his favorite on the Elevation tour, the natural finish with rosewood fingerboard (a '56 I believe). I ended up buying a 70's MEXICAN ressiue as well. Don't listen to the "buy the American 'cause they're better" as I have played many American strats that are not up to par as some Mexican strats, and vice versa. For a 70's strat, the reissue is just as good if not better than the original. First off, they're made better than the original. Second, they are much cheaper. Pick up an original and then a reissue. The reissue just feels more solid. Save the money you would have spent on an original 70's strat, get a reissue, swap out the pups for vintage 70's pups and still have money to buy other gear. But I do understand the overall attractiveness of the older guitar with it's own attitude and character. Basically, go with what feels right.

Back
Top Bottom