Stratocaster Pickups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when I said lace sensor I meant the silver red blue pack..if theres any other lace sensors that are great I'm all ears :wink:

Those aren't Lace Sensors, cause I have two guitars with blue silver dual-reds. It looks like his main anthem guitar guitar, the one he used for Bad and Streets.

Those where the days when Edge still used a Strat for SBS instead of a Tele. :up: Personally I think his Red Rocks tone was the best for SBS. Unsurpassed!

The Strat in the video is one of his `70's models. Im pretty sure the pickups are stock Fender.

Edge did use Golden Lace Sensors in his yellow, his red and his charcoal (with the snake and skeleton painted on it) "Eric Clapton" model Stratocasters. All were used during Love Town; the yellow being in more pictures and video than the others on the LT tour. The charcoal being the one used for The Fly and Desire during Zoo TV.

Hey Pac_Mule.
I would strongly suggest that you contact leosounds - a small manufacturer of hand-wound pickups not only for Stratocasters. The owner is just one of the nicest chaps on this planet. Tell him what sound you're after, and he'll find a custom-made solution for your needs.

Bespoke-tailoring for pickups, so to speak.

The best thing is, these pups are really cheap. By far the best value for money I have ever heard. They piss on most stock pickups from great heights. No matter what era. Trust me.

EVERY pickup I heard just blew me away!

Check out their site. You'll be amazed. Promised.

That's leosounds dot com

Back
Top Bottom