Stratocaster or Les Paul: your preference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strat only because they feel more comofrtable for me... I can wield the Les Paul... too fookin heavy! If I get an HH American Strat I can't get the sound I want too!

Both are beautiful and legendary guitars though! They each have mighty guitarists standing in their corners!

Hello everybody!

Les Paul vs. Stratocaster? ..Neither of them :)
Strat looks better to me and I love that tone but guitars like Paul Red Smith/Music Man are awesome.

I heard that Paul Red Smith tried to combine the features of Strat and Les Paul. And he did...........price :)

Last edited:
Strat. my strat's neck's a bit off at the moment so the top E string is so close to the edge making it a bugger to play, but in general the strat is a fantastic guitar! brilliant shape, excellent tone and much more comfortable!

I like Strats, I like the feel of the Strat better than the Les Paul. I currently don't have either and play a Wolfgang! Some day I'll get a Strat and a Tele. I have really been liking the tone of Tele's lately!!!!

LES PAUL!c'mon the sound of it is beautiful and cruchy....why do you think jimmy page switched?:D :D :D :D :D

Both have their place, but these days I am much more a fan of fender styles, and scale..

I have a few of both, but more times then not i reach for a fender style guitar. its more so because of the scale lenght than anything..

Would never buy another fender but a Nash Strat or Tele style would be great!

A strat is a strat, with me I get the same tone on every good/decent strat I play..The Gibson Les Pauls to day are no where closer of how they were 20 years ago..
So 20 years ago I would say Les Paul hands down but, in 2006 now, it would be a very hard choice for me because they are very different guitars, Strat for clean,nice treble sound, and a Les Paul for that nice crunch you get...
The real question is what's not a better guitar, its more of what you prefer in a guitar...I prefer the nice crunch:wink:

My guitar playing friend can't stand Fender's for some reason, and absolutely adores the Les Paul.

Back
Top Bottom