Staring at the Sun(full-band) edge's tone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumpmanst

The Fly
IF theres one thing i'm sure about with edge's tone on staring at the sun, is that there's no delay. Does anyone else know what effects he uses? U2sound.com is down, otherwise i'd look there.

oh, i bet there is delay! live i'm pretty sure he uses delay. the tone is really really fat and juicy, maybe a lovetone meatball? i know you need a humbucker gutiar, and probably a hollow body one like a Gibson ES.

The guitars in that song sound heavily chorused, and in the intro riff, detuned (maybe even by applying a heavy chorus).

h**p://www.pankraz.de/u2.htm

There's a movie on that site where the bands is sound checking SATS. By looking at that, I'm pretty sure he uses the same fender that he does on discotheque, I could be wrong though. Maybe he uses a humbucking guitar in studio?

Its a Fenandes Sustainer guitar on Discoteque (Mexico City), which is odd because I don't think he uses the sustain feature on that song

discothequeLP said:
i dont think that the Fernandes he used on Discotheque Mexico City had sustain on it.

I'm pretty sure it did. Didn't he use the same guitar for with or without you? I'm sorry but I don't have the tape here, so I can't check it out.

Back
Top Bottom