shimmer sound; rv 600 or verbzilla?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what the rv600 is, but I've been happy with the Verbzilla, and it's very useful as a reverb pedal far beyond the shimmer use.

I like the Verbzilla a lot with my two amp setup. And I also have no idea what the rv600 is?

the line6 verbzilla sounds better to my ears than the behringer
rv600. :up: plus kings of leon uses the zilla so gotta be good if
the KOL use it :)

I just got the Verbzilla last weekend and have been enjoying it thoroughly. It makes a big difference if you put it into its own signal loop and use a volume pedal to bring it into the mix. I use the Boss AB pedal, so one loop has my Digitech RP500 on it, and the other signal path just has the volume pedal and then Verbzilla. Then both signals go to the same amp (or could go to separate amps). This way you have one signal with your normal distortion chorus delay, and a separate clean signal with just the Verbzilla that you can slowly bring into a song with the volume pedal. Set to Octo and launch.

It's a killer sound and takes time to figure out how to work it in, but it adds a whole new dimension, adds a lot of new possibilities. I give it a :up:

I've had my verbzilla for 5 band practices now and every time, with my set up, the sounds I make with it make me salivate even more. Amazing, but I'd only use it with a 2-amp setup.

i usually run my verbzilla straight to the PA at 100% wet, so that instead of just adding to the guitar it can lift the entire room up.

i usually run my verbzilla straight to the PA at 100% wet, so that instead of just adding to the guitar it can lift the entire room up.

Yeah. I run mine 100% wet, but through my Blues Jr. It doesn't get the same effect through the PA when I've done it that way.

Has anybody tried to put a stereo amp simulation after the Verbzilla and go directly into the PA? Maybe even a cabinet simulation would be enough?

Back
Top Bottom