settings on BOSS GT-6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
this question is for gragravar, or anyone that has a BOSS GT-6.

i have this unit, but don't really know much about it yet. can you tell me some specific settings that are good for specific u2 songs?
anything would help for me at this point. thanks.

I'd like to help but I don't have a GT-6 (and my main instrument is bass these days, with which I use no effects whatsoever) so there's not a lot I can tell you (other than read the manual, everything you need to know regarding the unit itself is in there somewhere)... A quick google search didn't turn up a lot either, there's plenty of magazine/user reviews but nothing much in terms of specific players' settings. I do recall that a number of people here have posted their delay settings for various U2 songs, I'd have a look back over the headings in this forum to see if you can spot any. Sorry, I can't really assist with this one though I am sure many here can...

What songs are you trying to play? I use a Boss ME-8 (an ancestor of the GT-6), and have had little trouble getting most U2 songs to sound okay with it.

You pretty much can count on keeping the delay turned on in some incarnation, some overdrive (usually), and reverb. The settings vary for some tunes, but often not by much.

Toss out a couple song titles, and I'll give you my settings. They should be roughly identical to the GT-6, although from my limited experience with it, you can do a little more fine-tuning than you can w/the ME-8.

anything really.

WOWY, B-Day, Elevation, One,

or surprise me. i'll give me a reason to learn a new u2 song i might not already know!

Back
Top Bottom