Sequencing/Patches/Loops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fnalcut

Babyface
I am looking for a site and/or someone you know of that has the patches or sequencing for the various U2 songs that have them. For example, Bad has that looped twinkle throughout...
Where the Streets have the keyboard intro... etc.

Any help in finding this stuff would be so appreciated. I know one angle is to just "play" the stuff - have a keyboardist do their best ... but, I'm looking for a little bit more of an authentic thing here...

Thanks again...
If you would - would you please also email any info. to FNALCUT@aol.com

All the best,
Chris

If you don't have any luck with someone giving you a site, you can sample some of the tracks from the CD's or from the various live DVDs. I'm in a U2 tribute band and we, for instance, grabbed the "Bad" backing track from one of the menu's off the Boston DVD and just looped it. However, we're still on the lookout for getting the backing tracks for "Beautiful Day". I've heard a couple other tribute's that have the exact tracks which I think they somehow got off the ATYCLB CD and looped using Pro Tools or a similar program. Some others have obviously tried to re-create it using keys and it sounds terrible.

Best of luck, I'll be checking back to see if anyone gives you a link because I could use it as well.

Jason.

Jason - Thank you so much - that's a great idea and I'll give that a try... seems so simple... hell, aren't most solutions the easiest of options...
Thanks...

-Chris

Hey Chris, glad to help. Let me know how it works out for you. If you ever get ahold of the backing tracks for Beautiful Day, be sure to let me know.

Jason.

Hi i have streets cobl without you beautiful one angel bad stuck in a mo kite etc for the roland xp50 workstation any forum users are welcome to a copy of the system disc that sets the pstches up on the xp 50 and also the seq disc with the u2 seq on board.You must send audio output left to the mixer and audio output right to the in ear monitoring system or headphones to the drummer as this hold the click track

I use Propellerhead's Reason and build them from scratch. That way you can program them to compliment your band's arrangement. A lot of times taking stuff from the source material doesn't work out because it's not percussive enough. It's more work, but it's rewarding if you invest the time.

skott100

I use Reason as well, but cant seem to find a good keys patch for Beautiful Day, can you share which module and sequencing patch would be a good sub for the keys portion of that song--we've also sampled from cd's and boots using acid pro with moderate success

lately I've been messing around with Fruity Loops but there is alot more techno patches in there, kinda fun though

btw, recently purchased midi controller-- what a bear to master and assign with these programs--big learning curve

thanks
r

ah yes... the ever problematic Beautiful Day keyboard sound. We just eventually gave up on an exact match and went for something that sounded right for us. Of all the backing tracks we've done, this was the most challenging in terms of sound. The arrangement is pretty easy, but finding that damned sound drove me crazy for over a year.

skott100 said:
I use Propellerhead's Reason and build them from scratch. That way you can program them to compliment your band's arrangement. A lot of times taking stuff from the source material doesn't work out because it's not percussive enough. It's more work, but it's rewarding if you invest the time.

Being a "tracks" junkie myself, I have to respectfully disagree with this. Nothing will sound better than taking it from the exact source. Sure, sometimes you may need to add in some extra track layers - for instance in "GONE" if you just sample the hi-pitched whammy guitar intro it won't sound quite right until you add some percussion elements (shakers) on top of it - but you need to use the original sample to get it right...same for UTEOTW, Beautiful Day, intro to LAPOE, parts of Mofo etc...

Cheers,
Brady

This is one of those "to each thier own" type of things. For some reason, it just feels wrong (to me) to use the original source material for backing tracks. I realize that sounds funny coming from a member of a band that tries to recreate the U2 live experience several times a week. I can't really explain it... it's just a personal alarm that goes off. If it works for you guys, more power to ya and I certainly don't judge. Plus its just fun to rip everything apart and try to put it back together.

We had this programming whiz friend of ours redo our Unforgettable Fire backing track and what he created sounded almost exactly like the album. The problem was when we played it live, it sounded TOO washed out and ambient. We ended up going back to a much simpler backing track arrangement with a lot of attack to compliment the way the song sounds live.

Hope all is well up in Toronto. Stay warm.

hey!

to each his own for sure...I agree with that.

...and don't get me wrong - I make the far majority of our sequences from scratch (and enjoy it more too!) with the exception of maybe 4-5 tunes and even those involve alot of editing and adding extra stuff...

I recently did a track for Zooropa which was alot of fun to do...but again, I did sample the hi pitched squiggly sound that occurs between the breaks...can't really see how you would recreate that from scratch...

Numb was a fun one to do too and I think I did that one all from scratch...I think I have a video of us doing that one actually and I'll see if I can get it up on youtube....

thanks for writing back Skott....talk soon.

Brady

Does anyone have the Sequenced bass track that runs throughout Mofo live? I've been looking everywhere for it and I can't find it.

Back
Top Bottom