Sequenced Tracks for Tribute band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephenminor

Babyface
I am forming a U2 tribute band and am wondering where those great sequenced back tracks would come from? Do we create them ourselves, or is there a source? What have other tributes done?

stephenminor said:
I am forming a U2 tribute band and am wondering where those great sequenced back tracks would come from? Do we create them ourselves, or is there a source? What have other tributes done?

Do you mean on like the begining of Zoo station of like the Zoo TV where it sounds like something is ringing?

I would love that too..

I have done all of our tracks myself. Sequencing, sampling, etc. There are a lot of way to do it. It takes time, but it really adds a lot to a performance having all the filler material covered.

I know several of the better U2 tributes have all done their own tracks. You can find some stuff on the internet, but it is usually more of a karaoke track without guitar. For sequence tracks you either have to find someone the share (highly unlikely) or start woking on your own.

Good luck!!

what he said, it's much better to just make them yourself from scratch or it will just sound really tacky using some karaoke-esque thing you find somewhere on the internet.

what would you be using if you were to make them yourself?

Thanks for all your ideas/insight....I also sent an email to Terry Lawless and he told me that when he performs with U2 he plays most of the stuff live with little sequenced. It sounds to me that the best route would be adding a "fifth" member..

It's what TPS said with the ringing behind Zoo Station, the tambourine on The Fly, the hum on Dirty Day or COBL, the organ on Streets, etc.

Guys, on Itunes,

Search for elevation and it is the influx remix..

Just search elevation and You'll find Elevation Influx Remix which is what U2 played for the beginging of Elevation on the Elevation tour...it's pretty cool..

I use a roland xp50 for sequencing and have done the tracks myself i am willing to share floppies with anyone with an xp50!

I use akai and emu samplers for beautiful day vocal sample and uteotw intro riff plus bullet the blue sky chorus sample

5th member

stephenminor said:
Thanks for all your ideas/insight....I also sent an email to Terry Lawless and he told me that when he performs with U2 he plays most of the stuff live with little sequenced. It sounds to me that the best route would be adding a "fifth" member..

Hi ive just spent the last 11months hand picking artists to form the next big Uk U2 tribute band called U2opia and after months of agonising about this i also decided opon a 5th member and what a difference it has made to the overall sound, carnt beleive i didnt do it sooner.
Lee Aka Bono.

Back
Top Bottom