SDD2000 or SDD3000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ufboy73

The Fly
believe that edge used the SDD3000. do you think i would be satisfied in trying to get edge-like rich, toned, warm delay sounds out of the 2000? the 2000 is proving a lot easier to find (and obviously at a lower price) but it is still expensive and if the 3000 really is 'better' to get that edge sound, perhaps i should just wait on a 3000.

any thoughts? would i be satsified with the 2000 unless i was playing in a tribute band or something?

thanks!

believe that edge used the SDD3000. do you think i would be satisfied in trying to get edge-like rich, toned, warm delay sounds out of the 2000? the 2000 is proving a lot easier to find (and obviously at a lower price) but it is still expensive and if the 3000 really is 'better' to get that edge sound, perhaps i should just wait on a 3000.

any thoughts? would i be satsified with the 2000 unless i was playing in a tribute band or something?

thanks!

Each has a benefit.

The SDD-3000 is warm. That is due to the SDD-3000's pre-amp.
The SDD-2000 doesn't have this pre-amp.
The SDD-2000 is midi-capable and the SDD-3000 isn't.

But one could get the SDD-2000 and then get a Psionic Audio Triad (which is essentially a clone of the pre-amp in the SDD-3000 and et voila.

I agree with E O! The 3000 is a great unit, but for the money and the limitations on pre-sets, midi control, etc the 2000 is fine. The preamp in the 3000 is fantastic but the Triad is a good replacement.

The BOSS DD-20 and even the new Line 6 M13 will do well for the mod delays. You can get a good rich tone with both of these units.

I agree with E O! The 3000 is a great unit, but for the money and the limitations on pre-sets, midi control, etc the 2000 is fine. The preamp in the 3000 is fantastic but the Triad is a good replacement.

The BOSS DD-20 and even the new Line 6 M13 will do well for the mod delays. You can get a good rich tone with both of these units.

And I agree with Chas about the DD-20 and the Line 6 M13.

Chas plays in a U2 tribute called The Joshua Tree. He's got amazing guitar tone so yeah, he certainly knows his stuff. If you live anywhere they play... lots in LA and Vegas (amongst others...) go see them.

Thanks! When you coming out again and sitting in with us??

I just added the M13 to my rig. I love the Axe-fx but not happy with the compressor or the drive sounds. The more I play this M13, the more impressed I get.

I need to get out and see you guys again soon. And it would be an honor to sit in with you guys again. That was great fun last time. LOVE that Variax! Very cool.

Your Axe-FX tones sound pretty damn good to me. But I can understand if some of the tones aren't quite doing it. Maybe use pedals for the drives and compressor? Although that does sort of kill what the Axe-FX is supposed to be replacing, right?

Loving the M13, eh? I have been thinking about getting one too. I'm not really gigging right now but still looks like lots of options for $500.00 - and that isn't a bad thing at all! I was glad to hear that they've got the delays and mod delays far better than past Line 6 effects units.

The Variax is ready for ya!!

Don't get me wrong the AXE is great but I'm not using for very much. I went back to my AC30 so I am not using any of the AXE amp models. It's just delay, reverb, shimmer, pitch effects. Awful expensive units for just that but I just cannot get away from the tone of a real AC30. Basically I am running Guitar--->M13--->AXE-fx (A3 in the effects loop R, I have my shimmer coming out of the effects send L)--->AC30.

Yeah, I am really liking the M13. I like that you can dial in sounds like you would with a pedal. It all makes sense where as the AXE has too many options for some things. I prefer something simple with good tone. That is what I am finding in the M13. My only disappointment is that is only has 12 per sets. That is enough for how I plan on using it but more preset options would be better. I expect to see a rack unit of the M13 in the not too distant future. I was able to get mine for just over $400 so I figured it was worth it to try. Glad I did although reprogramming over 100 U2 presets if taking some time.

sdd3000 or sdd2000,

Both of these delays are essential sounding units, I own both of these along with a TC, and I know this will sound a bit controversial but I actually prefer the 2000, Its quieter and easy to use and does not seem to be as temperamental as my 3000, yes the preamp is amazing but when I use my 2000 with my boss FA-1 I seem to get the same results! I am gonna try and get a back-up 2000 as I think this is the unsung member of Edges arsenal, I think he is using it again on the new tour to play "Unforgettable Fire" My advice would be snap em up cos when there gone there GONE!!!!!!!!

Chris i use the SDD2000 also with my U2 Cover band.
its a great unit indeed.i also have the 3000 but im
always a bit worried i might break it or sumthing!
on the 360 tour edge is not using the 2000 the music
rader article made a mistake.he has the SDD3000 and
the TC2990s...

cheers Bruce

What about SDE-2500??? Roland???

I've got the possibility of buying a SDE-2500 Roland... I've read somewhere it is really similar to SDD-2000 is it true???

I've chosen the Roland, just in case I will sell it! I've read a lot of good reviews at Roland SDE-2500: Harmony Central User Reviews

So, can someone help me with midi connections, settings and loops?!? I've got right now Korg A3 - Roland Rack Delay SDE-2500 - TS9 - Behringer RV600 - VOX AC15 - FCB 1010 pedalboard (just coming)
How to connect all of them?!?!?
Thanks guys, maybe I'll open a specific thread :hmm:

i use the korg sdd 2000. the korg 3000 isn't worth the money. the 2000 also has more pre-sets i believe. Plus its cheaper. I picked mine up on ebay for 150 before i got my first guitar haha

I'm gonna have to dig out an/any old thread about the SDD-3000 preamp instead of opening a new one, so sorry 'bout that.

Excuse my ignorance, for a while I've been looking at these preamp clones and somehow missed that there isn't "just one" (Psionic Audio Triad, that is). The first I heard/saw was the DTS SDD-3000 that Mick from UF uses (you can see it in his youtube vids). That sort of faded in my head and I've been left thinking the Psionic is "the go to preamp."

Anyway, the question (to make it short): Not tryin' to make a competition here, but which one actually comes closer to the Korg preamp tone. The DTS or the Psionic clone? Reading messages from the past in this forum I know there are some folks out there who have them or might have even tested both. Cheers!

And I know it's hard to get your hands on any of these. I'd be happy with either to be honest, still would be interested in their "differences" so to speak...

Psionic Audio is a company. It is not the name of the gear.

Psionic Audio makes the "Triad" pedal.

DTS makes the "SDD 3K" pedal.

Both the Psionic Audio "Triad" and the DTS "SDD 3K" pedals nail the Korg SDD-3000 tone.

Using one with a SDD-2000 unit should get you close (if not exact) to the tone of a SDD-3000.

That said...

There has been a long history of delays in receiving gear ordered through Psionic Audio. By long, I mean some had to wait years to receive goods. I know the owner is trying to rectify the issues. And I am not bashing him or his company. You can search Huge Rack forum and other gear related sites that will speak of this unfortunate issue.

I have not heard of problem of receiving orders in a timely fashion through DTS (Trabantland). And the SDD 3K pedal sounds great.

Info regarding DTS's SDD 3K pedal -
SDD-3000 Preamp Clone ? Trabantland

I'm gonna have to dig out an/any old thread about the SDD-3000 preamp instead of opening a new one, so sorry 'bout that.

Excuse my ignorance, for a while I've been looking at these preamp clones and somehow missed that there isn't "just one" (Psionic Audio Triad, that is). The first I heard/saw was the DTS SDD-3000 that Mick from UF uses (you can see it in his youtube vids). That sort of faded in my head and I've been left thinking the Psionic is "the go to preamp."

Anyway, the question (to make it short): Not tryin' to make a competition here, but which one actually comes closer to the Korg preamp tone. The DTS or the Psionic clone? Reading messages from the past in this forum I know there are some folks out there who have them or might have even tested both. Cheers!

And I know it's hard to get your hands on any of these. I'd be happy with either to be honest, still would be interested in their "differences" so to speak...

Both the Psionic Audio "Triad" and the DTS "SDD 3K" pedals nail the Korg SDD-3000 tone.

Cheers for your quick help, as always.

The Triad's a bit over the top with the three switches though (FX/Boost1, Boost 2, etc.), isn't it? I mean, the DTS clone is more oriented towards the actual Korg SDD-3000. Looking at that it makes immediate sense what to do with it, I'm puzzled looking at the Triad pics though. :)

I'll be keeping an open eye on ebay and such, missed a Triad couple months back that went for 150 bucks, that's a very decent price. Lucky bidder...

Cheers for your quick help, as always.

The Triad's a bit over the top with the three switches though (FX/Boost1, Boost 2, etc.), isn't it? I mean, the DTS clone is more oriented towards the actual Korg SDD-3000. Looking at that it makes immediate sense what to do with it, I'm puzzled looking at the Triad pics though. :)

I'll be keeping an open eye on ebay and such, missed a Triad couple months back that went for 150 bucks, that's a very decent price. Lucky bidder...

It will be hard to find a Triad as not that many have been made. You might be waiting a long while.

Perhaps check the Trabantland link and contact them as to when they will make the next run of the SDD-3K pedal?

Back
Top Bottom