save the tabs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UG is still working, fuck them, the tabs are submitted by people who take the time to tab a song, most of them are anyway

This is becoming fucking ridiculous.

"Unauthorised use of lyrics and tablature deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living, and is no different than stealing," he said.

"Music publishers and songwriters will consider all tools under the law to stop this illegal behaviour."

Right. Could someone tell me how tabs take money away from performers, especially those who don't even release tab books? And how is listening to a song, working out how YOU THINK it's played, then writing it down for others to learn illegal? Why the hell are they wasting their time on this when there is enough REAL crime going on out there for them to deal with?! The thing that really gets me is they seem to think that people copy their tabs out of official tab books! For starters, most tab books are fucking wrong half the time, so tabbers have to take the time to painstakingly write out accurate ones.

Really, this is ridiculous.

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

How else am I supposed to learn anything?! :mad:
I'm already having a hard time finding piano sheets, I won't ever be able to "play" guitar without Tab/Chord sheets. :madspit:

If the f***ers took the effort to actually release something that was worthwhile I might get it. What good is an expensive tablature book of U2 that only shows how to play the album versions when what most diehards and tribute bands need are transcribtions of the live versions. Preferably with a little more attention to which effects were used other then an obscure nod to 'use heavy filtering'.

Copyrights should be abolished. Its getting more and more ridiculous, its against free trade, its nothing more then a law protected monopoly. And the very associations and corporations that always talk about protecting artists rights are always the first to f*** their own artists up the ass if they can make an extra buck over it. :mad: :madspit:

Most tabs on the net are down to peoples own hard work in figuring out songs in thier own time and posting on the various sites.

Im sure most artists would not mind guitarists posting and using there songs as learning material.

What are they going to do next stop you playing any songs for your own pleasure if you havent wrote it?:mad:

ooo noo!! =( =(

they should rename their site domain into something that doesn't have to do with tabs so they won't get caught and the tabs will still be there.

mackemlad said:

What are they going to do next stop you playing any songs for your own pleasure if you havent wrote it?:mad:

Seeing how the RIAA and other related organisations have been operating lately, I wouldn't doubt it. :rolleyes: We'll be dragged out, amplifiers and all, for not having the appropriate authorisation to play copyrighted material.

Fuckers.

Back
Top Bottom