Request: Verbzilla soundclips please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarlet october

Acrobat
I was wondering if anyone could please post some soundclips of this pedal. I'm looking for a pedal that can get close to The Edge's shimmer sound. I was looking at a Boss SE-70 but I got outbid on eBay. I'm interested in hearing what the Verbzilla can do on the octo setting. I've heard the Line 6 website's clip but would like to hear it on some U2 songs. I really want to get the SE-70 but it's just too expensive for one effect. Any help would be great thanks. :)

i dont have mine with me right now, but it's really really good. you can control the swell, decay, and brigthness of the shimmer, and the shimer itself sounds great. but, i suggest splitting the guitar signal and sending the shimmer through a different amp. it can muddy up the guitar tone if it all goes to the same amp, and the shimmer sounds better from a clean guitar signal rather than all of your effects.

Does it still sound good in a mono set-up? As I don't have a second amp right now. Although in the distant future I wanting to get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for a second amp.:D

if you put it in the chain it still sounds good, but it can overpower the guitar sound if it's on too high, and it doesn't sound as good with other effects on. i bought a volume pedal for the shimmer, so i can control the volume of it (like edge :reject:) and it's so much fun. a second amp would really help, even if it's a small one. if you're playing live, you could even go straight to a PA with the shimmer.

Right on. I'll try it out on a two amp setup. I've got a modded Vox Cambridge Twin Reverb for my main amp and a crappy Park practice amp I never use but I'll try both mono and stereo and see how it works out. I really need to get a pedal for a dedicated shimmer I may end up going for that Verbzilla, it's way cheaper than the SE-70. But then again my DL-4 and Deluxe Memoryman weren't exactly cheap pedals.:D

dude. . .you have a dl-4 AND memory man!! awesome :rockon: . which one is better?

btw the crappy park practice amp will probably be ok for shimmer.

Here's a shot of my board ...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166031734/2392047690057720620YGiEzw

If you scroll over you can see my amp and my Squier Tele and Walden 640TCP acoustic/electric. I still need to upload pics of my Gibson SG and Epiphone Les Paul.

On the delay subject:

The Memoryman is way better than the DL-4 as far as sound quality. There is some high end loss but overall it's more organic than the DL-4. On the other side of the coin though the DL-4 is more versatile. You get three presets and tap tempo plus a ton of delay models. Currently I'm using for my three patches; "Auto-Volume", "Deluxe Memoryman", and "Tube Echo". The auto-volume is basically just mod/delay with a set swell rate and the tube echo is based off the EP-1 Echoplex. I use the Tube Echo for ambient stuff with the repeats and the "Wow and Flutter" basically maxed out for some spacey sounds.:wink:

Here's my chain btw:

Guitar-> MXR Dynacomp Reissue-> Korg DT-10 Tuner-> Guyatone WR-3 Wah Rocker-> Boss SD-1 (Tone-Jam modded)-> Boss DS-1 (soon to be Keeley modded)-> Boss GE-7 ("Sniper" mod by Tone-Jam)-> Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memoryman-> Line 6 DL-4-> Amp

Hello Scarlet

I have read that you got modified SD-1 (by tone-jam).
What is the sound of the modified pedal compared to original version?

I know somenthing about the electronics. I also used to build pedals by myself. Maybe I will try to modify my SD-1.

theAtomic said:
Hello Scarlet

I have read that you got modified SD-1 (by tone-jam).
What is the sound of the modified pedal compared to original version?

I know somenthing about the electronics. I also used to build pedals by myself. Maybe I will try to modify my SD-1.

The sound of the the SD-1 modded is very transparent more so like a Tubescreamer but it has asymmetrical clipping. My SD-1 has a Texas Instruments RC4558p chip which produces a somewhat smoother overdrive. It also has metal resistors which according to www.tone-jam.com produces a somewhat cleanier tone tone than other resistors. Mine also has a blue LED added ... not that it changes the sound but cool none the less. :D

I'm no sound expert by any means but the modded SD-1 is an improvement to the stock version. You'll hear the difference. I would e-mail Kevin at Tone-Jam if you have more questions he can explain his mods alot better than I can. Great guy to deal with. I'm very pleased with all the mods I've gotten from him.

scarlet, how did you make that picture file of the drawings of the pedals and all that!!! i've seen that around and i've always wanted to make one

discothequeLP said:
scarlet, how did you make that picture file of the drawings of the pedals and all that!!! i've seen that around and i've always wanted to make one

Go to www.guitargeek.com. Most of us over there on the forums make alot of our own icons in MS Paint but you can get alot of them from other artist's 'geeked setups'. You just have to go to the website to see what I mean.

I post over there as TheBlindsideKid , btw.

Back
Top Bottom