replacement pick ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agocont

The Fly
Dear friends,

I have an epiphone sheraton 2 and I'd like to change both pick ups, i was thinking about a couple of seymour duncan while sh-1 59' on neck and an sh-4 jb on bridge.

Does anyone uses them? please give me advises...

Thanks Agostino

I would look into Lollars if I were you. Lollar Imperials sound fantastic.

Id consider p-90s or, in this case HS-90s. Great bright tone. You may want to swap out the pots too

Do you want to stick with a hum bucker pickup? Or do you want to swap to something else.

If you are feeling a bit adventurous how about Lollar Lollartons. They are like TV Jones (Gretsch style pickups).

The great thing about the Lollartrons is that they are a bit bigger (humbucker size - than TV Jones which is great because the LollarTrons will fit perfectly where your humbuckers are now.

The Lollar Lollartrons are the p'ups that are in the Chris Cornell ES-335. They sounds as great at the TV Jones Classics.

The Lindy Fralin Gold Foil pickups and their P-90 style pickups are pretty great too.

Hi to all, thanks for your advises, i was thinkink about a bright/medium and at the same time hot tone enought in my sheraton, i love to play u2 but i like to play other rock/pop kind too.
i've seen a seymour duncan sh-1 59 on neck and i am thinking to put on bridge sh-4 or sh-5 custom or sh-14 custom 5
Does enyone has experience with these pick ups ?

I've got some Fralin Noiseless single coils in my Tele. They sound fantastic.

Fralin makes a great pickup. More experience with their single coils than double but I really like them. Another humbucker alternative are Rio Grande pickups. They have sound clips posted on their website and are reasonably priced.

ooook thanks a lot for your advises, i think i will buy a couple of lindy fralin pure paf humbucker to put on my sheraton 2 :)

Back
Top Bottom