Question about the bass on songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so you can hear bono sing... you can hear larry drum... you can hear the edge make werid noises... did you just think adam was there because 4 is a better number then 3? lol.
silver and gold from rattle an hum has a great bassline, when it just comes in with the "DOM DOM DOM..." then gets really bluesy in the verse.

I'm starting to think that you have problems with your stereo system....

Have you tried to hear the same songs in different hi-fi ?

Or in headphones ?

It's a crime to miss the Great Bass in U2 songs.

:drool:

craigp said:
i cant see how people can not hear bass guitars?

Yes, it does boggle the mind a little. I suppose that if you really aren't familiar with music (i.e. you just listen to it / don't play an instrument) it might be possible... But still. It's not that hard.

craigp said:
i think the easiest way is for someone who plays bass to record a solo and post. (i would but iv got no recording equipment!)

I'll record something this weekend, as my bass is currently at home.

DarkAcrobat said:

You have a problem with your ears too...

Or

You must be a Claypool or Flea fan....

It's a Cliche, Cliche. thing really.

No, Carek is right. I feel Adam is a very mediocre bass player in terms of technical ability, inventiveness, etc. The only bass lines of Adam's that I really appreciate is Lemon and Please. Most of his stuff is, well, boring. To me at least.

Adam's bass suits perfectly the U2 songs, He don't need to have high technical skills , or be a "showy" bassist, his task is provide a solid foundation altogether Larry, to let Edge and Bono express all they want or can.

If you brings to play with U2, an highly skilled and "virtuoso" bassist, probably he will mess all songs.

Adam's basslines, while very simple and repetitive , are very precise , and elegantly created to match with the songs.

Personally I don't want to hear soloing bassists, I prefer sense the bass under the song, exactly like the sub-sonic, deep Adam´s bass does.

Listen to Some Days Are Better than Others, that low sounding groove throughout the song is the bass.

The first measure you hear some drums, and then Adam comes in, and then it's just Adam and Bono through the entire verse.

Start WOWY with headphones and let it play for 30 seconds at full volume. The sound that's hurting your ears? That's the bass guitar. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom