Premiere of Adam's Buzzard!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Some bass guitar info I found interesting... that others here might...

Seems that Adam has a sparkle gold Precision bass to go with his sparkle gold Jazz bass. This could be seen during today's performance of "No Line On The Horizon".

YouTube - U2 Milan 2009-07-08 No Line On The Horizon

Hard to see all of the detail with the way that the light was shining on Adam and washing him out a bit but it appears that Electrical Storm was the premiere of his live use of... judging by the headstock and shape of the bass... Warwick Buzzard!!!!

YouTube - U2 Milan 2009-07-08 Electrical Storm

Actually, I was mistaken. It isn't a Buzzard. But it is another Warwick. Seems like a reverse profile of a 'Stryker' but I am not certain yet. I have contact Warwick with the pictures. I am hoping they will tell me the model.

Still cool to see him using more basses than usual and many we've not seen before. He used a different, more conventional looking Warwick for "Electrical Storm" at the 2nd show in Barcelona.

It seems the Stryker. :hmm: I don't know many Warwicks. I think Adam used a Thumb model for the Barca show, can't remember what song.

I'll nerd this up with my own pics soon enough! Paris I I have seats, but Paris II I'm in GA, and if I'm close enough up front I'll try to take some pics with my phone camera.

It seems the Stryker. :hmm: I don't know many Warwicks. I think Adam used a Thumb model for the Barca show, can't remember what song.

I'll nerd this up with my own pics soon enough! Paris I I have seats, but Paris II I'm in GA, and if I'm close enough up front I'll try to take some pics with my phone camera.

Pictures from Paris! That'd be great! Please do!

Thumb model is the other one? Cool.

http://www.bassguitars.org.uk/wp-co...bbolt-onlimited2007withflaminblondedesign.jpg

I think it's that one. :hmm: Looks similar, though I haven't seen clear pics of it yet.

Keep in mind that Warwick has many models that look similar - the differences at times being what pickups, what pickup combinations and/or what wood was used. In other cases they look similar but only a slight change in body shape.

So I am not sure that it is or isn't that. We will find out eventually. We should still investigate more!

That said, I hope the black Buzzard and black Stryker see the light of concert use. Both are stunning. Come on, Larry's response to the Buzzard on that video says it all! I loved seeing that. Funnier still was Dallas telling Larry, they make drums too! Hahahaha...

In Paris, Adam used the Warwick Stryker on SBS. Sadly, I was on Edges side so I couldn't take a proper picture. It was the woodsy stryker, not black one.

I am still not sure that particular Warwick is a Stryker. Plus the Stryker has a different headstock.

But I get what you mean. That he was using it for SBS. Interesting that he used it for that song. Maybe it is tuned differently for that? I am not sure how Edge's Strat is tuned for SBS on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom