playing bullet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
okay, so i've seen the many tabs or various reditions of bullet, studio version, live, zootv etc. and all it does is confuse me. i don't need to know the solo or anything too complacated. i just want someone to explain to me in english how to reproduce the sounds from the first half of the song.

working off the studio version.....

how do you get the long sustained note from about 0:12 to 0:30? what is the note? are you using a slide? the tremlo bar? holding the guitar up to the amp for feedback? what effects are been used for the sound?

i think at 0:32 to 0:44 is when he's doing the slide. is there a proper way of doing it?

thats all folks. i am a beginner and don't know obvious things like the pros on here do so if you could dumb down your explanation that would be grand.

thanks for the help!

edge uses slide mostly in the live and album versions
the sustained note yes i think it is amp feedback or a special sustaining effect or is infinate sustain guitar/ebow he uses it has been said that he uses that

I don't think there is a proper way of doing something in music

I used bullet the blue sky backing track played the edge solo and merged some of my own stuff in there and it got me top marks in my music

Back
Top Bottom