picture of pedals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's good that you're using sarcastic quote marks when using the term pedalboard. My room looks tidier then that mess. And that's saying something.

The orange blue one bottom right is a Lovetone Cheesesource, a Big Cheese/Brown Source two in one pedal, methinks the last pedal that got sold by Lovetone.
Top right I see an EHX Graphic Fuzz and a DBZ fuzz, maybe the Fuzz War?
The pedal with the purple triangle on the right seems to be a Brassmaster Fuzz, with an EHX Freeze and Fulltone OCD next to it.
Boss PH-1r Phaser below the Fulltone OCD.
The EHX Memory Man and Polychorus at the top probably don't need an introduction, as does the Digitech WH-4 or 5 Whammy below the Brassmaster Fuzz
Top right of the Moog pedals is a Proc Deucetone Double Rat. Top right of that is what I think might be a Boss Bass Synthesizer, as that seems to be the only Boss pedal I know in that color with red stenciling.

The rest is probably boutique stuff I'm not familiar with. As are the Moog pedals and the upside down GLab thingy on the left.

I thought that DBA pedal was Apocalypse, the fuzz pedal that's dissed by nearly everyone who heard the demo of it.
I think that boss pedal with red letters is some kind of Boss delay but the switch plate is switched. I think many people do this, and Nick Reinhart from Tera Melos does that pretty frequently.
I have researched and this Mög pedal is a distortion pedal and it apparently sounds like a broken amp. yep, the website said that.

EHX Freeze is right by Bassmaster. I can see how Edge would like that pedal. very sustainer-like.
Some people are speculating that the pedal below bass master is Sovtek Big Muff. I don't know that's true but that looks like one.

that white one on the center is JHS Color Box, modeled after circuits in Neve console. I'd like to try one, as they're very versatile and cool. they can also replicate so-called DI fuzz sound.

The GLab thing is a power supply, apparently.

Also I am kinda confident that that Whammy is 4th gen. WH4.
that's all i can identify.

Everybody needs a Big Muff. Even people who hate fuzz need a Big Muff. Just not the current EHX NYC version. Except for that Deluxe uber version, that is SWEET!

It's interesting to see Sovtek muff instead of NYC Muff (Edge's probably was a vintage) like one he used to until 360 tour.

Also, I wonder why Graphic Fuzz isn't that popular; fuzz with EQ function seems like it solves all kinds of problems of fuzz pedal.

I suspect Edge's Muff he used back then was a V3, as it doesn't have the tone bypass knob of the IC Muff and V6, nor does it have the different box stenciling of the earlier V1 Triangle and V2 Ramshead Muffs.
And with EHX non-existent at the time there was no NYC Muff yet.

As for the Graphic Fuzz, I reckon, less known equals less loved. Also, people crave the classic tones of the Fuzz Face, Tonebender, Big Muff and the other classic fuzz pedals from all those classic rock albums. Once you start modifying those classic tones with extensive EQ functions they no longer sound classic. Nor fuzzy.

But I've seen people using fuzz in conjunction with EQ pedals occasionally; like, some vintage Japanese made fuzz seems to destroy midrange so often people use EQ to bring it back. But i get that it kinda takes away the character of that pedal.

I tend to love the sound of Sovtek Muff because of its bass-heaviness and the fact that tone knob actually works in these models. but i hear that build quality is shit for these pedals.

The tone knob works in all Big Muffs, it's just that some are more scooped then others and the Russian Muffs were less scooped. The Big Muff tonestack is basically only 2 capacitors and two resistors with a tone pot. Increase the 3n9 cap and you get more mids, decrease it and things become more scooped.

As for the build quality, the Civil War and early to mid Green Russians were okay, later versions got less, especially the Black Russians. Funny enough most Russian muffs lack a power jack, so if you see one with, chances are its a modification.

All Sovtek muffs I've seen (mostly online) look like it's gone thru wars. I don't know why.

also, if Edge's now using EHX Freeze pedal, does that mean he's gonna use Ebow or Sustainer for new songs? I feel like Edge hasn't really used sustainer-equipped guitars for new songs

All Sovtek muffs I've seen (mostly online) look like it's gone thru wars. I don't know why.

Bad paint job? Maybe they just spray painted it?

Then again paint quality on classic EHX boxes has never been stellar. Quality wise 'good enough' seems to have been their company motto before the bankruptcy.

also, if Edge's now using EHX Freeze pedal, does that mean he's gonna use Ebow or Sustainer for new songs? I feel like Edge hasn't really used sustainer-equipped guitars for new songs

Or he's just messing around with stuff. Doesn't mean anything will appear on the record. And I think there was some ebow/sustainer stuff in Cedars of Lebanon.

I feel like the character of pre-bunrupcy EHX is something we can'y replicate anymore. I still want pedals like 16-second digital delay. that thing looks fun. but again, their quality was inconsistent and often shitty so i guess current EHX is amazing in that regard. but some people still complain that EHX pedals still break a lot.

Last edited:
Or he's just messing around with stuff. Doesn't mean anything will appear on the record. And I think there was some ebow/sustainer stuff in Cedars of Lebanon.

really? i didnt know that. but again, NLOTH wasn't the album I've listened to frequently. I really want to try out Superego, the upgraded version of Freeze pedal with more parameters (they called that pedal synth but i don't know why). Hell, i also want to try out Synth9, their newest synth emulation pedal.

I've got a Superego. A cool sounding pedal, especially when you put something in the FX loop, but not something I ended up using much. As for the Synth 9, I really hate their X-9 series. Because everytime you buy one they come out with a new one a few months later that is 10x cooler. Also each of their key/synth pedals has a few sounds I would like, but to get them all would require a separate pedalboard of its own. I still have some hope that they will ultimately do a Deluxe pedal that has all sounds (and presets (gasps)), but on the other hand, why give people that when they can squeeze infinitely more money out of people's pockets by constantly releasing a new X-9 pedal?

Also NLOTH is a cool album. I like it way more then the last one. I don't understand where the hate comes from.

It'd be nice if EHX had a larger pedal with all of the piano/key/synth pedal sounds in it. One similar to a TC Flashback x4/Line 6 DL 4 (where you can program a few settings.

Maybe TC or Strymon will beat them to the punch and make something similar. For TC, it could be cool, as they have their Tone Print technology. But I'm not sure if with new ownership if they are going to expand upon that series.

As for NLOTH... like HTDAAB and SOI, it's got some great songs and some not so great songs. All of the listed albums seem too peter out near the end. They are not solid from start to finish. ALYCLB was more solid but not 100% I don't know mean that 'loved' 'White As Snow' and 'Cedars of Lebanon' from NLOTH. I like Stand Up Comedy and thought it was a decent song/could have been a better single than '...Boots'. But I'm probably the odd man out. 'Winter' was left off the album. While it's hardly 'classic U2', I think it's better than 'W.A.S.' AND 'C.O.L.'

Similarly, HTDAAB would have been stronger WITH the original 'Mercy' and leaving off "Crumbs..." or "One Step..." Just my feelings on it. Others likely feel differently.

I've got a Superego. A cool sounding pedal, especially when you put something in the FX loop, but not something I ended up using much. As for the Synth 9, I really hate their X-9 series. Because everytime you buy one they come out with a new one a few months later that is 10x cooler. Also each of their key/synth pedals has a few sounds I would like, but to get them all would require a separate pedalboard of its own. I still have some hope that they will ultimately do a Deluxe pedal that has all sounds (and presets (gasps)), but on the other hand, why give people that when they can squeeze infinitely more money out of people's pockets by constantly releasing a new X-9 pedal?

Also NLOTH is a cool album. I like it way more then the last one. I don't understand where the hate comes from.

What Synth9 attracts me is that it looks like it's easier to operate compared to Micro Synth which is slightly more expensive than any X9's.

Back
Top Bottom