Pedal Board Question - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:30 PM
Pedal Board Question

I've placed all my pedals onto a piece of wood that is just the right size. I've figured out that I have all the right cables to connect the pedals, and I've got a surge protector that powers the pedals' AC adapters. In the past, I've just duct-taped my pedals to the board, but I've heard good things about using adhesive velcro--putting down rows of 2" loop strips across the board so it covers the surface, and then attaching either 1" or 2" hook strips to the bottom of the pedal itself.

I ran this idea past my dad, who works in upholstery. He said the velcro idea was probably a better idea for the wear and tear of my pedals, but that the adhesive on the self-sticking velcro was pretty weak when he's dealt with it, so he suggested using industrial-strength staples to attach the velcro to the board itself. When I then asked him what we should use to attach the velcro to the pedals themselves, he was less sure.

My question: what is a good way to attach velcro to the bottom of a pedal (apart from adhesive velcro)? Does superglue bond to the bottom of a metal pedal (like the older Electro-Harmonix)? Or is there some other, better method?

Thanks in advance!

the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:13 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 06:30 AM
superglue............... lots and lots and lots of superglue...........

quadcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:30 PM
I made a pedalboard with a spare shelf from an ikea bookcase/ I I covered the entire board with the softer side of the velcro. Hence I could put anything anywhere on that board. Then I put the more plastic-y grabbing part of the velcro to the bottom of the pedals - et voila.

Works like a charm and I can change pedals when I want without having to make a whole new board.
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 03:30 PM
this is exactly what i've done with my pedalboard and have had great success with it. i get the industrial velcro from wal-mart. the adhesive seems to stick well to most of the my pedals. occasionally i have issues but the velcro is so cheap it's easy to replace.
gymewould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:30 PM
I wound up using spray-gluing and stapling down one side of the velcro to the board, and super-gluing the other side to the pedals. It seems like it's gonna work well. The only problem I have now is that I left room for two more pedals and I need to figure out what to get to put there ( tremelo... reverb... chorus... )
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote