Pedal Board Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
I've placed all my pedals onto a piece of wood that is just the right size. I've figured out that I have all the right cables to connect the pedals, and I've got a surge protector that powers the pedals' AC adapters. In the past, I've just duct-taped my pedals to the board, but I've heard good things about using adhesive velcro--putting down rows of 2" loop strips across the board so it covers the surface, and then attaching either 1" or 2" hook strips to the bottom of the pedal itself.

I ran this idea past my dad, who works in upholstery. He said the velcro idea was probably a better idea for the wear and tear of my pedals, but that the adhesive on the self-sticking velcro was pretty weak when he's dealt with it, so he suggested using industrial-strength staples to attach the velcro to the board itself. When I then asked him what we should use to attach the velcro to the pedals themselves, he was less sure.

My question: what is a good way to attach velcro to the bottom of a pedal (apart from adhesive velcro)? Does superglue bond to the bottom of a metal pedal (like the older Electro-Harmonix)? Or is there some other, better method?

Thanks in advance!

I made a pedalboard with a spare shelf from an ikea bookcase/ I I covered the entire board with the softer side of the velcro. Hence I could put anything anywhere on that board. Then I put the more plastic-y grabbing part of the velcro to the bottom of the pedals - et voila.

Works like a charm and I can change pedals when I want without having to make a whole new board.

this is exactly what i've done with my pedalboard and have had great success with it. i get the industrial velcro from wal-mart. the adhesive seems to stick well to most of the my pedals. occasionally i have issues but the velcro is so cheap it's easy to replace.

I wound up using spray-gluing and stapling down one side of the velcro to the board, and super-gluing the other side to the pedals. It seems like it's gonna work well. The only problem I have now is that I left room for two more pedals and I need to figure out what to get to put there ( :hyper: tremelo... reverb... chorus... :hyper: )

Back
Top Bottom