peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Night & Day

Rock n' Roll Doggie, Band-aid
No, no more 'attacks'
Because its not worth the energy, there is too much negetivity already in this world, and i am mad at myself for playing a part of it, esp because i see myself and people do know me as a more peaceful person.
But before i go on, i do want to say that over and over in your posts to me, you make statements about 'your opinion, your humble opinion...'
Yet, you are upset over my opinion.
The same freedom that allows you to use a picture of Kerry with Lennon, allows me to express my feelings, granted not at the expense or how critical i came off.
But, see, when you post to anyone, they see that pic, they dont have a choice whether to see it or not, right? I personally dont have anything against the pic, but its that kind of freedom that allows you to 'voice' your thoughts and ideas, that allows me to have my own.

As far as the Peter Tork ref. i didnt say he was a great musician, i just mentioned that he was friends with my dad, as was Buddy Hackett, Sonny Bono and others of that era.
And i do believe that being surrounded by music does make you more of an expert, my life long experience with every level of music you can think of, gives me a great appreciation for musicians.
Even after my dad was killed by a drunk driver, music stayed with me, my mom remarried a black man who intrduced me to the lovely sounds of soul and blues. I am forever grateful for the grand expanse of music i have been exposed to.

I would not attack you for your personal preferences, again it goes back to freedom of choice and freedom of voice.
Mike Nesmith was/is a good guy, good musician.
He was my favorite Monkey.

Its easy to hide behind the keys and screen of this black box in front of us, i am a writer at heart, and i express myself the best possible way with letters and words.
I try to come of as real as possible because i cannot look every peson on this board in the eye as i am feeling what i feel.
If i could i would because i am a sincere and honest person.
But im getting the message that sincerity and honesty is not welcomed with you, its all ive been with this thread, is real and honest.
Iam not looking to impress you or anyone here.
If you want to live in lala land with all your rainbows and butterflies and nobody has to ever die or take a dump, go ahead.

I will take my humor, honesty, love of freedom and love of music to a more realistic , appreciative thread or room.

You know,
I hope i meet you someday, but we dont know who each other is. Who knows, we might already have.
We would probably get along and laugh our asses off with one another. I hope to never find out who you are and see the face with the name, i would want to see the real you and enjoy that.
I really would.

Jase

Edgette said:
And they were saying that I was touchy?

What a "mature" post. /sarcasim. I don't believe I personally attacked anyone over this issue so I don't understand why I have to be attacked. I thought U2 fans were above this sort of behavior. I guess I thought wrong.

Excuse me for stating my humble opinion and disagreeing with you. You obviously are the bigger person and the "winner" of this elementary school-type arguement. Which, to remind you, I stayed calm throughout. I have not attacked you, swore at you, said anything bad about any other tribute bands, or resorted to bringing my personal life into this. I could, believe me. But I like to think that I'm above that and stay within the boundaries of the topic. Somehow that prospect was lost on you.

But props for the Peter Tork reference. Personally, I feel that Michael Nesmith is the better musician. Care to attack me for that as well? Be my guest.

Look Jase I'm sorry for all that happened in that last thread. I had a long talk with Chas and I've emailed back and forth with Jason. The waters are cleared between the two bands. Things were said, passed along and manipulated. I personally have nothing against you. You are absolutley right about having the freedom of your opinion. Just try and be a bit more constructive next time. Lets say that's one of my biggest pet peeves. And as you are in the right to have your opinion, I have mine. I just take care not to negatively criticize anyone unless I have something good to put with it. So with that I hope we can all get off on a new foot.

Unfortunately 'spinoff' threads pertaining to closed threads are not allowed. If you wish to continue your discussion, perhaps you can pm/email each other in private?

Everyone here is more than welcome to share their opinions on things, but we cannot have any personal attacks or flammatory remarks, which is why the first thread was closed.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom