Out Of Control effects help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
‪Out of control guitar cover Help!!‬‏ - YouTube

could you guys tell me what other effects i am missing please? :wave:

Guitar with humbuckers will help. Amp turned up so there is some overdrive will help. (Or use an overdrive pedal). Some delay (Don't know the setting off the top of my head).

Album version and early era live, Edge used the Explorer > Deluxe Memory Man > Vox AC30.

One of the things he did in the early days is make good use of his volume know. You can see in some of the early clips that he would roll UP the volume to get a bit more overdrive.

I am getting the Epiphone one but i am trying to find an older one on ebay becuase i don't like the new ones, They are to yellow.

They 'yellow' is that they are made of Korina. Edge's is mahogany. That said, the Epiphone Explorers are probably one of the better if not best guitars that Epiphone makes.

A good friend of mine has one. Stock pickups are okay. But if you put in a set of T-Tops or Seth Lovers. It will sound a lot more Edge-like.

Keep in mind that most that like / use Explorers are rock guitar players. Folks like Metallica to Foo Fighters. They like black. They like white. They don't necessarily like natural. For Gibson, they go with what the market wants, for the most part. They do not just cater to us U2 fans.

Plus, take the natural finish off the market but have it available for a higher priced 'anniversary model' and it works for their marketing and idea of 'limited edition'.

Back
Top Bottom