No Line On The Horizon sound effects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pedal that Edge has mentioned in a few articles is Death By Audio's "Supersonic Fuzz Gun".

Edge bought at least one of each pedal made by Death By Audio. (I was told this by Death By Audio when I contacted them a few months back)

Larry's drumming in Boots:

Is he himself using a double-bass pedal or is that just electronic effects? There is a 16th note pattern in the bass, and I can't distinguish if he's switched to double-bass pedal or if it's electronic.

Larry's drumming in Boots:

Is he himself using a double-bass pedal or is that just electronic effects? There is a 16th note pattern in the bass, and I can't distinguish if he's switched to double-bass pedal or if it's electronic.
110% sure that he is not double bassing. It defenately a backing track. I wonder how this will be played live.

Is it just me or does it seem there's a bass pedal in the track? During the verses when Edge isn't playing, the bass seems distorted a bit.

I'd say similar to Beautiful Day?

Per Danny Lanois, it is Larry playing to a clip of Larry

"AC: Now I want to ask you about the drums. Are those electronic drums or is he triggering samples? They don’t sound acoustic…

DL: Oh, that’s an acoustic drum kit on there!

AC: It is?

DL: Absolutely, but there is a separate track that features kind of a bass drum loop that we did of Larry, and it runs along side of the main kit and is featured in certain sections of it. I quite like the marriage of hand-played and the electro combination. I think is very special."

More of the interview here:
The Music Geek Blog - Explore Music

Per Danny Lanois, it is Larry playing to a clip of Larry

"AC: Now I want to ask you about the drums. Are those electronic drums or is he triggering samples? They don’t sound acoustic…

DL: Oh, that’s an acoustic drum kit on there!

AC: It is?

DL: Absolutely, but there is a separate track that features kind of a bass drum loop that we did of Larry, and it runs along side of the main kit and is featured in certain sections of it. I quite like the marriage of hand-played and the electro combination. I think is very special."

More of the interview here:
The Music Geek Blog - Explore Music
Interesting, thanks! It confirms my first thoughts. The drums do sound accoustic, typical Larry sound. But the bassloop sound to tight, deliberately. So I guess the only thing to put in the sequencer is that bassdrum line. :) Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom