New Vox AC30 Custom Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
Hi Everyone!

Looking at these new Vox AC30 Custom Series (not to be confused with the Custom Classic line, these ones are a new addition).

Are these any good? I've heard the CC's are kinda shitty. What about these? The sound clips I've heard sound awesome. But I'm confused. The CC range retail between 3000 and 4000 $AUD. These Custom Series seem to retailing about 1699 $AUD. Not quite sure what this means for the build/sound quality.

If i get one, i have to choose between the Celestion Blue's or Greenbacks. Which would sound more Edge-ish?

Chris

hi everyone!

Looking at these new vox ac30 custom series (not to be confused with the custom classic line, these ones are a new addition).

Are these any good? I've heard the cc's are kinda shitty. What about these? The sound clips i've heard sound awesome. But i'm confused. The cc range retail between 3000 and 4000 $aud. These custom series seem to retailing about 1699 $aud. Not quite sure what this means for the build/sound quality.

If i get one, i have to choose between the celestion blue's or greenbacks. Which would sound more edge-ish?

Chris

Custom Classic line are not shitty. I have heard some that are great. I have a Custom Classic AC15 with Weber blue speaker and it sounds great.

Celestion Blue's will sound more like Edge's.

Ah ok, I'd just heard some negative things about them. Glad they're good :)

The Blue's will be more edge like but i think they're a bit more expensive. Greenbacks might end up being the go-er.

The Custom Classics don't sound as good as the older TBs, but they're alright.

The Custom Classics don't sound as good as the older TBs, but they're alright.

Haven't found anything that sounds as good as a JMI era Vox AC30.

But the Custom Classic with a few basic mods sound better than 1980-2000 era Vox AC30's.

So if you want a tone similar to Edge's Vox AC30, AC30 Custom Classic a good alternative and far better on the bank account then a vintage amp.

I got my TB for cheaper than a Custom Classic because the guy who sold it to me thought it was broken. All it needed was new tubes and a couple resoldered leads. You can find TBs at excellent prices, surprisingly. When I bought mine there were 4 more on ebay under $1500. Then again, they all had the Greens.

Whats a TB?

I tried the greenback Ac30c2 today and i was really underwhelmed. Will try it again in a few days. Duno why i was underwhelmed.

I tried an Ac30CC with a single 10 inch dog speaker the other day and it sounded heaps awesome. So confused!

These new Ac30C2's have a top boost channel which sounds awesome.

I tried her again today and she blew me away, really enjoyed it today! May end up buying her.

Might end up replacing one of the greenbacks with a blue, would be a nice balance methinks.

vox ac 30 cc1 vs vox ac 30 cc2 greenback

i tried a vox ac 30 cc1 with 1 x 12 Celestion Neodog, and it sounded wonderful !!incredible!!! do you thnik that the cc2 with celestion greenback would sound as good as the cc1,do you think they are similar in sound? thnak you!! bye!!!

my question is about the cc1 1x 12" with celstion neo dog and the cc2 2x 12" with celestion greeback not the 2 x 12" celestion blue that i know that are better. on the other hand the celestion blue are more expensive......tk you!

Back
Top Bottom