New Guitar or New Amp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarlet october

Acrobat
So I'm debating on what to save for next as far as musical equipment. I've got to get all my guitars set-up to .11 gauge strings and my Deluxe Memory Man's switch fixed first though.

I'm debating wether I want to save for a Fender 70's strat or a VOX AC15CC or a Epiphone Galaxie 25 amp. I've been kind of leaning toward a new guitar. Here's my current guitars and amps, any input on what you think I should go with is accepted. Thanks. :)

Currently owned guitars:

Gibson SG Special
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Affinity Tele Special

Currently owned amps:

Vox Cambridge 30 Twin Reverb (modded)
Park G10R (my practice amp)

I would go for the 70's strat personally

Out of interest, what do you reckon to your Epi Les Paul?
Been thinking of getting one - either the classic or the custom in Ivory.

Would love the Gibson version, but obviously the price difference between the two, im tempted for the epi.

Go for an Epiphone custom. Obivously for out of the epi line it's the best Epiphone. Throw some new pickups in there and you've got one great guitar. Actually with my LP Standard the pickups are quite good. I'm more of a single coil guy but just can't seem to sell my LP, I love it too much. ;)

first see if the Les Paul you get fits your needs soundwise ... if the pickups are just okay I would start reading some reviews on harmony-central they have alot of reviews on pickups. Here's a link ... http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data2/00man.html

I'm not the best for recommendations, but I personally like Gibson's pickups when swapping them in a Epiphone. I would also check out Seymore Duncan - Seth Lover pickups. They're humbuckers but have a less aggressive sound so your clean tone is much better. Hope that helped. :)

i have a Epi les paul, there ok i guess. from what i hear there nothing compared to a GIBSON, but if you put some gibson pickups in it, it should sound better i suppose., i myself is looking for a fender 70s, there amazing.. and Vox amps are amazing.. i might be getting a Vox ad50vt. id rather get an AC30 but i dont have a 1,000 bucks soo...

scarlet october said:
So I'm debating on what to save for next as far as musical equipment. I've got to get all my guitars set-up to .11 gauge strings and my Deluxe Memory Man's switch fixed first though.

I'm debating wether I want to save for a Fender 70's strat or a VOX AC15CC or a Epiphone Galaxie 25 amp. I've been kind of leaning toward a new guitar. Here's my current guitars and amps, any input on what you think I should go with is accepted. Thanks. :)

Currently owned guitars:

Gibson SG Special
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Affinity Tele Special

Currently owned amps:

Vox Cambridge 30 Twin Reverb (modded)
Park G10R (my practice amp)

Go for the strat, definitely :yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom