New boss pedal 4 me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
My birthday is getting close and I'm getting myself a new Boss pedal, finally.
I didn't want it to be too expensive but I wanted some decent gain pedal. So I got a pedal called Power Stack (ST-2, I believe).
I got one today and try that out tomorrow. I know it's not Edge kind of pedal, but I'm sure it could be used in the other things. I'm looking forward for it.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Power Stack (ST-2) cool pedal :) based on a Marshall stack i believe.
are you giging out or just jamming @ home.what other pedals you using

Last edited:
I'm mostly practicing/jamming at home.... But I figured i needed some gain pedals. Anyway, I have RP360 XP from Digitech, which is fine multi-fx with bunch of amp sims, cheap Squier strat, and Vox Pathfinder. Sorry that I'm not in the environment of being able to record things properly.... Plus, I didn't realize that I didn't have 9v battery, which sucks

People still use batteries to power pedals? :huh:

I'm curious though, what led you to chose the ST-2? It's not like Edge uses a lot of Marshall stacks or tones. You'd think that the SD-1 would be a more logical choice for a 1st pedal. Plus they're dirt cheap on the 2nd hand market.

I just wanted something high gain, tbh. I was so obsessed with nice gain-y amps that's coming to market ( Revv generator, anyone?) and I just wanted to experience. plus, I'm a big fan of Soundgarden/Kim Thayil and he uses Mesa (duel rec in the old days, Electro Dyne in recent yrs) and I wanted that side of amp tone. I had budget anyways, and that pedal fitted. I am obviously going for other pedals, but not right now. And I love using batteries as I'm too lazy to buy power supply

I actually bought a power supply (adapter, i mean). thanx. My GAS is already taking over as I watch Effectlogy vids from EHX

I want all of Strymon pedals. Until I see their price tags, of course......

Ok, totally forgot about telling how I felt about teh pedal;

I loved it! all the settings are decetly usable and EQ control was helpful. This is basically how I wasnted my DS-1 to sound like. nice distortion pedal. but nothing like Edge's sound. thou

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom