need help with Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lazlow

The Fly
i am wondering if anyone cud possibly give me some help on how i can make U2 patches on my effects pedal

id like to know if anyone cud help me like, real soon, ive been waiting for 2 days...lol

I have the Zoom G2.1u, and I have no idea how similar our pedals are or not.

Anyway, my Zoom pedal only has a completely clean AC30 amp model, so that's not much of a help. If yours has an AC30 amp model, play around with that and see if you can at least get some crunch out of it. That's where I would start. Then the delay is the next obvious thing. A delay time of about 430 milliseconds will get you in the ballpark for a some classic U2 delay times. Make sure it has more than just one or two delay returns. Throw on some reverb and play with the pickup selector on your guitar and you'll at least start to hear some familiar sounds. Using those Herdim picks also helps add a bit more Edge sound if that's what you're going for.

and it has alot of amp modles, im jus wonder wat numbers i shud put things to like, the value of the patch, the tone, and the volume, etc

For tone stuff you should just play around and set it by ear. For things like the delay, it really depends on the specific song you're playing, but choosing a delay of 430 milliseconds will get you close to a lot of songs like Bad and All I Want Is You. Just make sure you turn the delay level up so that you hear at least 3 delay returns.

A lot of this stuff is just piddling around and judging by ear.

Back
Top Bottom