Need amplifier opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadmac81

The Fly
So i'm looking at two different amps currently. I have a Line 6 flextone II but I want to keep that in the studio and have something else at the space. The two amps I'm looking at are:

Vox Valvetronix 1x12" or 2X12"

and

Randall RG G3 series 2x12"

I was leaning more towards the Randall because it's tube and my line 6 is a modeler like the Vox. the Line 6 has a Vox AC30 setting like the Vavetronix. Anyone have any opinions?

I know a lot of people here are going to recomend the vox...

But I love Marshall amps...they are my fav amps...they give a great "rock and roll" sound..

The thing is since the Vox is a modeler like my Flextone I should probably get the tube for more versitility.

You can probably get a Vetta for about the same price. If you like your Flextone, why not stay with Line 6?

I have a Marshall Silver Jubilee edition amp which sounds amazing for AC/DC, Zeppelin etc...but you can't get the biting clean tone for the U2 stuff - essentially - Marshalls sound amazing for most classic rock and heavy sounds but they lack versatility in my opinion...

I recently bought a cheap little Vox VR-15 which is a hybrid tube/solid state and I think it sounds fantastic given the size and price range...so if you are looking for a smaller amp I would take a look at that model...

Back
Top Bottom