Need a spare? Try Squier. GaleonGirl, you can kick me now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Need a guitar or bass... a spare guitar perhaps? And.... on a budget? Squier Classic Vibe (series) guitars and bass guitars... they better than one might think.

Now I have never been a fan of the Squier stuff. And I have said as much over the years. Truth is, Squier has been kinda of crap for years. And a lot of the Squier stuff IS crap. BUT... It seems they are trying to work past that with the 'Classic Vibe Series.

They make `50's and `60's versions of Strats, Tele's, P-bass and Jazz basses.

Now they are hardly Fender Custom Shop or Master Built - but they are actually pretty decent. And if you need a Tele for a couple tunes or would like a backup Stratocaster... this might we worth considering.

Plus could be a good spare that one could put a few bucks in to upgrade the pickups later... Although the one's that are in them are not so bad.

I'd been saying I wanted one for ages. I wanted to learn. Plus I thought it would be useful for recording at home when making my songs that I make for fun.

030-3070-540452_zps6c6f2ef0.jpg

My buddy Ian decided he'd surprise me. He asked me if I'd pick up something for him from True Tone Music. Turned out, what he'd done was buy me a Squier by Fender 'Classic Vibe' (series) `60/s Precision Bass. (Very cool of him to get it for me)

SquierClassicVibe60sPrecision-2_zps1e9c788d.jpg

classic-vibe-fiesta-red-10_zps0580cf1f.jpg

classic-vibe-fiesta-red-9_zps607b750c.jpg

The other good news? Ian bought it at True Tone Music in Santa Monica. Unlike Guitar Center and Sam Ash... True Tone actually sets up EVERY guitar they sell. So the action and all were fit for play straight away.

classic-vibe-fiesta-red-7_zpsf0c33583.jpg

classic-vibe-fiesta-red-6_zps8792ff2e.jpg

classic-vibe-fiesta-red-4_zpsb7d69e32.jpg

classic-vibe-fiesta-red-2_zps5b84295b.jpg

:lol: Well there's a big surprise! Been tryin' to tell you for ages that there are actually a bunch of decent squiers out there.

Sure it's not the 'real' deal, but for a beginner or a non purist, they're actually good to start out with.

I wouldn't say 'a bunch. ;-)

For the beginner or one looking for a quality guitar at a low price... I'd say "Yes" to any of the Classic Vibe Squier guitars and/or bass guitars.

The Bullet Series is kindling wood, at best. The Vintage Modified are made with inferior body wood and components.

The Classic Vibe is where it's at. This is where they are getting it right. Better body wood. Better electronics than your average Squier.

I subsequently got a Squier thinline (semi-hollow) Telecaster. Awesome guitar. Great tone Great price.

It also helped that True Tone Music IS AWESOME.
  • They set up EVERY guitar.
  • They are fair about price and not jerks like some of those at the bigger chains (GC and Sam Ash).

I told the guy: I've seen the Classic Vibe online for $379.00 (tax free and no shipping cost). His answer? We can get it for you for $379 out the door.

Not only did I get it for $379 out the door but he threw in a handful of picks, a gig bag (not the best one but decent enough to protect the guitar), a guitar strap (plain black Ernie Ball strap but good enough) and a set of strings.

So if you like guitars, great service, fair prices and sales folks that are not jerks.... True Tone is the answer.

:lol: Well there's a big surprise! Been tryin' to tell you for ages that there are actually a bunch of decent squiers out there.

Sure it's not the 'real' deal, but for a beginner or a non purist, they're actually good to start out with.

I doubt we have that here. :wink: We don't have many chain music stores at all. Usually small private ones. I always got the bag and stuff free when I bought my guitars. :D I still say the P-bass is a fine enough piece of wood.

Back
Top Bottom