"Mysterious Ways" tone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muad'zin said:

If you do so, what will it replace, factory presets or user presets?

everything, i think. you can back-up your presets by doing a midi dump to a sysex file first, then transfer the spc-01 stuff to the a3.

Wouldn't it be more useful then to manually program the relevant spc-01 patches Edge used? After all, a preset is just a series of settings that tells the processor what to do. I've downloaded the spc-01 sysex file and its tiny.

If somebody could give me the settings I'd be more happy to enter them into my A3 instead of doing that midi dump. Or maybe an utility that allows me to read the spc-01 sysex file on my computer.

Some new effects come with spc-01, like auto-wah which is essential for #76 patch and some new distortions as well.

I can give you the settings for any spc-01 patch but it will not work without spc-01 uploaded on A3.

Damn! Got myself a gameport/midi cable, installed midi-ox, I was able to download a copy the A# but whenever I try to upload the spc-01 sysex, bam, I get an error message saying the port is busy uploading something to the device. Please wait and try again. :mad:

I'd keep the A3 in my rack just for the autowah. Played it in the band and they immediately recognized the sound.

So which other songs use which presets on the A3?

Back
Top Bottom