my vertigo tour rack - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Hi the singer gave us a take it or leave it ultimatum and we left it he has been replaced by the fantastic paul mcgahan straight away visit paulmcgahan.com for a taste of his powerful vocals.

The old singer was lazy and really suffered from lead singer syndrome you know what i mean i am the singer you must bow to me!!!!! in actual fact he was a pub singer.

The 2u2music.com site will be updated shortly with new photos and new demo so watch this space.

Please note no gigs have been cancelled!!!!!!!!

Thanks Darren

eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 AM   #22
Babyface

Sounds like you are well rid!! Never ever give in to ultimatums.
We have the opposite problem. Our singer is not at all egotistical, but we have had major problems with other band members. Our last guitarist wanted to bring his girlfriend to rehearsals or he was leaving etc etc. He left and we found the best guitarist we have ever heard so he did us a huge favour.

Really pleased to hear that you have found a replacement. Hope the statement on your website doesn't make your fans think you are not playing.
Will check out your singer

Best of luck

Wendy

carjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #23
The Fly

We have resumed control of the situation so all should be well in the 2u2 camp before long.

A bootlegger recorded our Tavistock gig and i am trying to upload some tracks to the net for all to hear will let you know when i have accomplished it and you can give me you views on our band!

Good luck!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:53 AM   #24
Babyface

Local Time: 08:36 PM
Paul McGahan is a top singer cant wait to work with him again..

Never realy got on With Tony he seemed very up himself if you know what I mean and not the best of singers to be honest..

Good costumes though...

All bands out there be wary of this guy Tony H from Luton area he promises a lot and delivers a little.. If you try to have a meeting he storms out of the dressing room and threatens to leave the gig there and then even when contracted to play...

This is not good for any band having to then go on stage to perform...

All the best

Nik (Sound Engineer 2U2)
Andrews Creativ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 08:36 PM
Eventide, is it possible for you to give me a detailed schematic of how you rout your signal? What the routing is, do you use buffers, how you prevent earth leaks and noise from occurring in your rig? As it is a complicated set up.

I have no interest in copying your rig but since I'm working on perfecting my effects rig I'm curious as to how you solved it. Normally I'd PM you but in this forum I can't do PM you.
Muad'zin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #26
The Fly

Hi i gave Bob Bradshaw a list of my effects and stompboxes and he custom built the switchers to suit my needs EG wah wah and whammy loops were built at the front of the loopers for easy access etc etc.All buffers are built into the loops.

The system is complicated as i have the option to split my signal 3 ways instead of 2 like the edge and also still have the shimmer as a seperate audio so its a bit like 1 guitar to 4 signal splits then spread over 4 amps and pod di"d to the mixer. I have complete control over the amps and all the effects in the rig at any given time!!!!

Although the rig is close to the Edges rig i also write and record my own material and use this vast rig to get my sounds.