My bass lessons...and your opinions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My basses don't have names (yet) - I guess it's a philosophical thing. The theory is that people name things to show ownership, stewardship, or dominion over things. Kinda like in Genesis when God tells Adam (not Clayton) to have dominion over the animals and name them. (No, I'm not a bible thumper).

Anyway the point is I can't name my basses because they own me, not the other way around.

It's easier to talk to your bass if it's got a name...like when you're having a disagreement. Ok that sounded really WHACKED. LOL :eeklaugh: :lol:

This week I have the bass line to SRV's song Scuttle Buttin' and my wrist seems to be better today too, so I can practice more. :) That's all I've got for now. :dance:

Last edited:
It's going pretty well! The method of my instructor's madness is that he has you learn about 10 or so different bass lines, different styles and whatnot, to familiarize you with the movement around the frets. Then after that he gets into the more technical stuff. So I'm on my fifth bass line and I have to say I like the way everything is going. My only problem is that I need to practice more, but otherwise I think I'm coming along nicely. :dance:

I've taken your lead. I'm taking an improvisational bass class this semester at my alma mater (they have a good deal with alumni being able to take courses at the university).

I'm looking forward to it- the instructor is supposedly very good.

Back
Top Bottom