My Band's New Demo CD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You definatly have a U2 sound going there, which isnt a bad thing! Good work, I like it! My only opinon is that there should be a little more emotion in the vocals.

Pretending I'm Jesus is increadible and the bass riff in Celebrity is pretty neat. Some pretty good stuff. I'm trying to get some of my friends who play instruments together cuz I have a bunch of guitar riffs that I'd like to put together into songs.

BTW, the singer in your band kinda reminds me of the singer of the Bravery, has a similar voice. :wink:

The guitar playing is very edge-like , it's really very good. I'm not really digging the vocals , but it has potential. The drums are a bit sloppy too. The drum fills just seem to ruin the songs for me. I think the drummer needs to improve alot ... no offense or anything.

You guys sound good. All bands get better with time , I'm postive it can only get better.:wink:

"Pretending I'm Jesus" is really good btw.:)

Overall the demo is pretty good.

Last edited:
your band is pretty good :up:

IrishDawg said:
BTW, the singer in your band kinda reminds me of the singer of the Bravery, has a similar voice. :wink:

I very much agree

If it were original ppl would say its very good. BUT....ppl are gonna say its blatant u2 copy. The piano in 1 song sounds like 3/4 of SBS riff meets streets, one song is very Zooropa-ish. Am not knocking ya BTW. Just stating my opinion. After all, you gotta take ruff and smooth or you dont get the real picture.

^^ spoken by a musician, no doubt. The piano in that song is the same chord progression as SBS (and The Fly, actually). "City at Night" is practically a total U2 copy -- the bridge is rightfrom Out of Control, the outro is straight from Electric Co. and the drumline in the chorus is the same as the drumline in the chorus of Mercy.

Back
Top Bottom