Music Rising Les Paul for UTEOTW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rockhound252

War Child
Here is the picture. From Pittsburg.

I Just watched a video of that song where i couldn't see The Edge but i think that before the ring bells part he was changing the Guitar

59811506616423582678o.jpg

I think the point was that Edge has used the 1982 Gibson 30th Anniversary Goldtop for "Until The End Of The World" for ages (Since 'Elevation' tour). And all of the sudden... Les Paul Music Rising.

Yeah which is why I stated that he's been doing that for over a year. :)

Aight, let me get my Frankfurt and Hannover pics from last year out then. Give me a second. :wink: I saw him use it in person.

There you go, it's the following few pics, so you can see the first two are in front of the piano and it's clearly NYD. These were taken at Brussels 2, by me personally. Apparently I deleted the Hannover ones because they weren't that great quality. Domo-Kun was there with me, she's also a fellow guitar fan and she'll tell you the exact same story. He used it on all four shows we attended, Hannover, Brussels 1&2. So I assume he used it throughout the EU leg.
I have also shitloads of pics of Dallas soundchecking it, if you're interested. :wink:

image011vu.jpg

image007iq.jpg

image008mi.jpg

image009gk.jpg

image010b.jpg

GG. You are missing the point. YES, Edge has used Music Rising guitars on NYD and One and HMTMKMKM. No one has argued that he hasn't used them for those songs.

The point was that Pittsburgh is the first time that he's used one on "Until The End of the World". In that, that is a new move for him to use one on that song.

Thanks for posting the pics fo the pink one. :up: They are neat guitars; the Music Rising Les Pauls

There you go, it's the following few pics, so you can see the first two are in front of the piano and it's clearly NYD. These were taken at Brussels 2, by me personally. Apparently I deleted the Hannover ones because they weren't that great quality. Domo-Kun was there with me, she's also a fellow guitar fan and she'll tell you the exact same story. He used it on all four shows we attended, Hannover, Brussels 1&2. So I assume he used it throughout the EU leg.
I have also shitloads of pics of Dallas soundchecking it, if you're interested. :wink:

image011vu.jpg

image007iq.jpg

image008mi.jpg

image009gk.jpg

image010b.jpg

i've listened the clip of this concert. and before ring bells part the edge stops playing and after a seconds he begings to play the harmonics. i think he changes the guitar for some reason. But i can't confirm. i'll have to watch any video of the complete song.

i've listened the clip of this concert. and before ring bells part the edge stops playing and after a seconds he begings to play the harmonics. i think he changes the guitar for some reason. But i can't confirm. i'll have to watch any video of the complete song.

I've heard that too. I've not found any decent video yet. Perhaps the goldtop had issues (string break) so they swapped it out for the MR LP.

Ah Gotcha, thought you meant that he hadn't been using that guitar in 2010 save for One and Batman. :)

Didn't Edge also have guitar problems during UTEOTW in Minny, the show before with torrential rain? He didn't venture out to the bridge from what I heard from people who were there. So maybe there were still some issues.

He did continue to play it until the end of Until The End in Minneapolis, he just ended up plugging in. For some reason I feel like he used the MR LP for UTEOTW at another one of the shows I was at as well... now I need to research that............

OK... I think I'm out to lunch on that. For some reason I think I dreamt this or learned it through osmosis, or it was a different song entirely. And it wasn't Pride I was thinking about in Minneapolis either, EO.

Just found all the vids from all my shows. I'm silly.

Do we know why he switched?

I do not know for certain, although it does seem like it might have gone out of tune.

Pittsburgh was an interesting one... that switch out and Edge using the black 1974 Telecaster for "...Boots".

But if you watch the video, it shows that professionalism and concentration during the shows. Both Edge and Dallas are focused and have any issue sorted out right away. :up:

OK... I think I'm out to lunch on that. For some reason I think I dreamt this or learned it through osmosis, or it was a different song entirely. And it wasn't Pride I was thinking about in Minneapolis either, EO.

Just found all the vids from all my shows. I'm silly.

I've had that happen at times too... there is a lot of information in EdgeWorld.

But that is why in many cases, when discussing gear, I try to post a pic or video.

In my head, if I can't find video or pics, it's possible my mind has played tricks on me and I have maybe I imagined it? :lol:

And that's the first time we ever see edge play the black tele live right?

I don't know if there was a switch of guitars during "Get On Your Boots". From the video I've seen, it looks like he used the black 1974 Telecaster for the whole tune.

But those were at the show might know for certain.

And that's the first time we ever see edge play the black tele live right?

And yes, from what I've seen (pictures and videos from the shows), Pittsburgh was the one and only time that Edge used the black `74 Tele.

These alone were not the only odd one offs uses. While he did use the Black Falcon for One Tree Hill, he used it for "Magnificent" at the Oakland show. Also there was the Taylor tobacco 814ce (if memory serves) that he used for "Stay..." at the Seattle show. And the one other 'change' was swapping the Explorer out for the LP Custom on "Beautiful Day" (Forget which show that was...)

in magnificent he used the black gretsch because it has a fishman and at the beggining of the song he uses the "effect" of the wfishamn, a semiacoustic sound

Back
Top Bottom