Merged ---> The Easiest U2 Song + Easiest U2 song to play + The Easiest U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyGirl

The Fly
Easiest Song

I started playing the guitar a short while ago, and I'm looking to play some U2 songs... However, I have no idea where to start. I know I won't be able to play songs like Bullet next week, but I'm hoping that with time, some, I'll be able to master. Until then, I'm stuck playing Blink 182 songs (heh).

So what could possibly be the easiest U2 song to play? What was everyone's first U2 song they started to play? I'm just wondering here, and it would help me out so much... It's so great that tabs and such are available online.

------------------
i'm too busy to see you
you're too busy to wait

The first song I learnt was One, because it's my favourite. It's also not too hard to play.

Verse: Am D Fmaj7 G
Chorus: C Am Fmaj7 C

Desire is also pretty easy: D A E A E. Repeat.

Bono's guitar part on walk on I think it just D A G which isn't too bad

and I think trying to throw your arms is prettys easy I think just A and D

May I present to you Desire..It's really easy, three chords. It didn't take me very long to learn it, it was my first song.
Plus, it's fun to sit around and sing it with your friends...cuz it just IS. You should try it. Whoooo I'm gettin off topic, :p now byebye and good luck

elevatedsoul2 said:
May I present to you Desire..It's really easy, three chords. It didn't take me very long to learn it, it was my first song.
Plus, it's fun to sit around and sing it with your friends...cuz it just IS. You should try it. Whoooo I'm gettin off topic, :p now byebye and good luck

I totally agree with DESIRE! I fool around on a bass, and my husband has been playing guitar for quite awhile. He suggested I try that song first, and he was right! It was so easy to learn the fingering, and then after awhile i was right up to the timing! It's a great song too because it's so full of....rock'n'roll..

Of all the bands I listen to, U2 has the simplist songs to play.
Most are in the key of E or A, there are no complex chords or hard solos. But thats what makes them so great...that they can pull that off so beautifully.
Their style of song-writing usually allows them to make more emotionally charged and moving songs. I love iot.

anyway, All I Want is You

just A and D basically.

Fool around with A when you hear Edge doing those Pull offs and Hammer Ons...you'll get it.

I find that Walk On is the easiest. I cant play chords very well yet so Walk On is great because of all the non-chord stuff. The solo is pretty simple too. It makes me sound like I actually know what I'm doing!

Cool! I was just going to ask this question. I bought an acoustic guitar on Tuesday and I've been sort of teaching myself how to play. "40" doesn't seem to be too hard. Only three chords.

Just wanted to add another song to the "easy to play" list. I just looked at "All I Want is You" last night and already I'm doing quite well with it...Now, if only I could learn how to play and SING at the same time! :lol:

The Easiest U2 Song

The easiest U2 song to play on guitar has to Elevation, i had mastered playing it 10 minutes after looking at the tab, try it, its very simple.

NO!

Stay from the Zooropa Tour is the easiest. Its 3 chords... and you don't even have to change the position of your fingers.

Elevation is easy but the solo at the end makes it harder.

Wild Honey is also quite easy:ohmy:

Where did you get the music for "Elevation"?

All I have is "U2: The Complete Songs," and, as you probably know, it just goes through POP.

I'm so excited! I can play "All I want is you" on my guitar. It's four chords, but they're all relatively easy and close together.

I :heart: my acoustic guitar!

All I Want Is You is easy.

The version in "Complete Songs" is an A-D variation, which can be mastered quite easily. G#-C# sounds pretty cool too though. Good practise on barre chords.

Easiest U2 song to play

Nononono you're all wrong.

The easiest U2 song to play is definetely without a doubt

DESIRE.

It's 3 of the most basic chords on the guitar.

Dsus2, A, E

Well actually you have to tune the guiar down a semitone.

Oh and I think there is a D chord in there somewhere too.:cool:

Did you really want to post a totally new thread and failed hitting the 'reply'-button? ;)

It's not Desire, by the way. It's One - just 7(?) pretty easy chords. :yes:

FallingStar said:

I have to agree with you there FallingStar. Sure, Desire may be only three or four chords, but you have to mess around with tuning your guitar down half a step. Now, unless you have a chromatic tuner, the average beginner guitarist wouldn't be able to play it. One's good because it's in standard tuning. And the chords are also really simple, no suspended chords or anything. I think it's Am, D, F, G for all the verses and C, Am, F, C for the chorus (I'm just remembering this off the top of my head, so that might be wrong)

Yeah the new thread thing was an accident, sorry:(

You can get away with playing Desire in standard tuning, doesn't have to be a semi-tone down.

And plus One has some lead lines to it, that Edge obviously plays.

Desire can easily be a One person song (yes very funny).

Last edited:
ONE

Verse:

Am D Fmaj7 G Gsus4 G X3

Chorus:

C Am Fmaj7 C X2

Early Ending:

You say, love is a temple Love the higher law

C Am

You asked me to enter... when all you got is hurt

C G Fmaj7

(Listen for timing)

One love, one blood... we've got to carry each other, carry each other

C Am Fmaj7 C X3

(Listen for timing)

'Ooooohhhhh' ending [From "carry each other, one" to finish]

Am Fmaj7 C X5 (Repeat till end)

End on C

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Bad...SOOOO easy
pretty much two chords the whole frigging time!

40 is also extremely easy!

I can play Sweetest Thing on my MIDI (haha basstrap!) keyboard.
I can almost sing along too. I can't sing but I dont care.

FallingStar said:
Did you really want to post a totally new thread and failed hitting the 'reply'-button? ;)

:no: Uh uh. AIWIY is definitely easier than One. But maybe that's because I have such small hands and it's hard to reach between some of the chords. I'm working at it though! :happy:

:up: I will have to try Desire. Don't think I have yet...That and I just got a James Taylor song book for beginners. Hooray! :happy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom